Thread: 2007 VX seat

2007 VX seat

So i am trying my best to mod my Like new 2007 VX cruiser..25hours..mint condition..did the free flow exhaust,air filter,prop & stuffer kit..Looking to do exterior alterations,mirrors are coming off this week,new bars & throttle..

i am wondering if there is a more sleek/race type seat that fits my model...since it is a 3 seater..Has a very recreational seat from the factory

Thanks

What bars have you got ??? can you post a picture I would like to change the bars on my VX too, as for the seat I've never seen an after market one for the VX just a seat covet from Jetrim etc ......

I am going to get STAR Bars...i will post a pic after install

I was hoping a VXR seat would fit(i think it has a better shape,could be wrong,gotta check it out)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulefoot View Post
    I am going to get STAR Bars...i will post a pic after install

I was hoping a VXR seat would fit(i think it has a better shape,could be wrong,gotta check it out)
    Star Bars, never heard off those, does it involve replacing the whole steering system or just the bars ??

Was just looking at the site for the bars, nice. I was thinking of replacing my OEM Bars for Renthals ages ago but because of the shape of the steering head being V Shaped and the OEM Bars being V shaped meant replacing the bars would mean replacing the steering head and I didnt see any Renthal Bars that wehere V Shaped or any other for that matter, I could be wrong I posted a threat here some time ago asking had anyone replaced their bars for Renthals on a VX, got NO reply ((((

I will let you you know how it goes,Star Bars are similar to renthal's..Basically you buy a Run-About bar type...I am going to talk to my buddy who owns a shop and see what he says

Star Bars / Renthal Bars or any bars of that shape ie bars that are not V Shaped will not fit onto the OEM Steering head as they are the wrong shape, if you look at the diagram of the steering system in the service manual you can see what I mean it looks like you would need to replace the steering column to accommodate the new bars )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!CEp48mQCWk~$(KGrHqUOKooE0fdTtG2TBNSh237jw!~~_35.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	268464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STEERING_2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	268465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	renthal-twinwall-fatbar-motocross-bars-290-p.gif 
Views:	34 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	268466  

Yeah i noticed that today..Going to look at bars for a "Stand up" ski..If not i just ordered some really nice billet bar extensions..i will post pics with what i go with..

Quote Originally Posted by Mulefoot View Post
    Yeah i noticed that today..Going to look at bars for a "Stand up" ski..If not i just ordered some really nice billet bar extensions..i will post pics with what i go with..
    I was looking at stand up bars on line yesterday, I don't know a whole lot about them some of them look to be the same shape as the VX OEM Bars ie the V shape part of the Bar. You need to make sure the degree is the same there are stand up ones that are 0 degrees and ones that are 4 degrees, I don't know what degree the VX Bars are ?

Thread Information