Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cant Figure out the problem.... Please have a look.

For starters Iam new here and have read most threads on trying to figure out what the problem is with my ski. Having owned a 2005 R12x a few years ago I decided to pickup another one but this time is it is a 2005 F12x with 105 hours. Since I bought it just a few weeks ago I have changed the oil, replaced the plugs checked the WGA which seems to be fine. Whats happening is when I ride it for the first 30 min or so it seems to be fine throwing no FI Alarm but after the alarm goes off I have to unplug the lanyard and plug it back in after the dash clears and ride back until it doesit again . After reading some other post I went ahead and replaced the WGS so today I took it out again and it did the same thing. The funny thing is I counted the number of times the FI light blinked but it never stops. Like I said when I first took it out it hit 6k rpm's and seemed to run fine but after 30-45 min it started throwing the FI alarm. At this point Iam thinking Knock Sensor or maybe a New ECU .. Any ideas or thoughts I should try? The motor is very clean with hardly any rust on the turbo. I did take off the intake from the turbo and checked to see how easily it spun and it was fine. Hey thanks again for reading and god bless...
    brooke

+1
    U will need to run it again and when it "fI agains push the top 2 buttons on display untill beeping stops then release and push them again untill u notice fi red light flashing different count the flashes . Their is 2 tyoes of flashes long and short 1 long flash =10 1 short blink =1 so add them up and figure out what fi code its throwing . U could have just overfilled with oil . But need to retrieve code first.

I will take it out today and see what code is thrown. Thanks again justin for the help and will keep you posted..
    brooke

I just got back and had to ride it awhile until the alarm went off but before I took it out I decided to drain the gas completley and put some fresh 93 octane in. I counted the blinks and came up with 2 long and 5 short/fast blinks. The funny thing is while riding it it seemed to surge on the higher rpm's only hitting 5800 and then back down to 5500rpm's. No other codes were thrown.. Do you know right off hand what code that would be since I do not have the manual??
    Thanks,
    brooke

+1
    Hate to say it but thats the knock sensor code. Which could mean bad gas, plugs , sensor , or the ecu.
    Ur talk of surging tells me that it pulling boost and or timing to keep it in check . I would run ski with remaining fuel but add a bottle of sea foam cleaner to tank first . This could clean it up but if it dont might want to find a ecu to swap out with urs for a test.

I just changed the oil, filter, plugs and new wgs.. I know no one here to swap ecu's so I will just order a new knock sensor, do you know the part number for that..? Also I read somewhere that the 2007 honda's have had no problems with their ecu' so should I try and find that year specific?

+1
    From here u will need advice from a few that have delt with these issues before . Jr in jx and rick white is who i would look for they have been around for a wile . Dont think it would be ur knock sensor but never know i guess.
    I wounder if it could be over full of oil which would make it have detitnation?

I was sure to check the after the warm up procedure but I think I will pulla plug and see if there is anything on it. I only hope I dont have to spend the money on a new ecu....
    Thanks again for your help justin...
    brooke

+1
    Me 2 cause if this is common i will eventualy need one as well for my 04

+1
    Definitely try the cheaper things first: sea foam as mentioned, maybe another set of plugs. However my gut feeling is that it might be the ecu. I swapped a knock sensor once and got really lucky.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information