+1

How to install flush kit outside ?

How do you install the flush kit on the outside of the ski so I don't have to reach down into the hull the hook up my flush. A detailed list of parts would be greatly appreciated.

Just did it this winter. You need:

1. About 4 feet of 3/8" ID hose (look for 2 ply hose that won't collapse when it bends.....found mine at Tractor Supply, but an autoparts will have it)
    2. 2 Stainless steel hose clamps
    3. Some sealant
    4. Some plastic loom if you run it near the exhaust (optional, found at Lowes or Home Depot in the electrical section)
    5. A 15/16" spade bit will make the perfect sized hole

Remove the flush connector from the bracket inside the ski (nylon nut)Remove the original hose at the "Y" where it ties into the inlet cooling line. Cut the crimped connector on the flush connector to remove the original flush hose. Choose your location and cut a hole (I recommend going to the rear of the ski........otherwise water will leak into the footwell when you flush). Run your new hose, don forget to put on the plastic loom if you use it. Put some sealant around the flush connector where it comes through the ski. Don't forget the plastic cap restraint then tighten the nylon nut. Put a couple of zip ties on it to hold the hose in place. Remember when you route the hose you need to make room for the storage bucket to fit into the ski. I also painted the white nylon nut black to match my ski (optional).....very easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    Just did it this winter. You need:

1. About 4 feet of 3/8" ID hose (look for 2 ply hose that won't collapse when it bends.....found mine at Tractor Supply, but an autoparts will have it)
    2. 2 Stainless steel hose clamps
    3. Some sealant
    4. Some plastic loom if you run it near the exhaust (optional, found at Lowes or Home Depot in the electrical section)
    5. A 15/16" spade bit will make the perfect sized hole

Remove the flush connector from the bracket inside the ski (nylon nut)Remove the original hose at the "Y" where it ties into the inlet cooling line. Cut the crimped connector on the flush connector to remove the original flush hose. Choose your location and cut a hole (I recommend going to the rear of the ski........otherwise water will leak into the footwell when you flush). Run your new hose, don forget to put on the plastic loom if you use it. Put some sealant around the flush connector where it comes through the ski. Don't forget the plastic cap restraint then tighten the nylon nut. Put a couple of zip ties on it to hold the hose in place. Remember when you route the hose you need to make room for the storage bucket to fit into the ski. I also painted the white nylon nut black to match my ski (optional).....very easy.

Thanks a lot bro. That was an excellent write up. Got no questions (so far. Lol )

Thread Information