Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pwc career for disabled???

Been searching but not really sure which direction to go. I want to go into the pwc industry but i have a little issue... Ive had a total knee replacment and pretty much destroyed my other knee too. On the bright side im only 26 years old. I can still stand and walk but i cant kneel down or run. Idont have a problem standing but i do need to rest my legs. My heart is on the water and im just not happy with any job that dosnt have to do with pwc's or boats. Ive got incredible job history. To the point i was told i was over qualified to work at any powersports shop. I know i wont make as much money as i use to but i would be happy! I would like to just be able to get in the door. Any advice as to what i should persue to better my odds of working with pwc and boats.

So No one has any input? Could use a lil hope on the subject. Any advice is appreciated!!!

+1
    Contact the manufacturers, or somebody like Riva or R&D. Its is possible they could steer you in the right direction.

+1
    where are you located would be a good start !!!!

Im from the gulf shores and orange beach al area. I plan on contacting as many relevant companys as possible for advice. There is a local powersports shop that sells seadoo yamaha honda and can am. They even just started selling boats. But almost everyone ive talked to lately says theyd rather drive to a shop in mobile over an hour away. But the local shop has always grown and done well, ive just havnt heard anything good about them. I would love to work there but im not goin to apply until i know where i would need to be.

Thanks fOr all the input! I want to get into this asap but in an intelligent way.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    What about starting your own mobile marine service company since you're so qualified?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    What about starting your own mobile marine service company since you're so qualified?
    Second that you could start small and word of mouth and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy89 View Post
    I totally agree. But in starting any business you want to have worked in a relevant position to what you are starting. Im very mechanically inclined yet the other aspects of a powersports store i know nothing about. I have sales backround and the drive to do it. But i dont make poor business decisions if i can at all help it! i want to be as well informed as i can be and provide the absolute best to everyone. Long term owning my own would be the goal but for know i want to know all the ins and outs before i take on my own shop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 66_gto View Post
    I totally agree. But in starting any business you want to have worked in a relevant position to what you are starting. Im very mechanically inclined yet the other aspects of a powersports store i know nothing about. I have sales backround and the drive to do it. But i dont make poor business decisions if i can at all help it! i want to be as well informed as i can be and provide the absolute best to everyone. Long term owning my own would be the goal but for know i want to know all the ins and outs before i take on my own shop.
    Why not volunteer at a shop away from your home area in exchange for learning the ropes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information