94 Kawasaki SX 750

I read on another forum that to remove the I don't know what they call the thing it is a cable that releases water out of the engine for storage I believe. I have rebuilt this 94 SX 750 up from the crankshaft all new cause the owner seriously overheated it one time a few years ago and had been wondering why "It just doesn't run like it used to." Back to the post it sais that the cable served no real function and if you had the chance to remove it with the motor out you should do so and I did. After I removed this thing I tried to order the block off plate that the other forum said was needed. The parts guy said"We don't cary that part" I told him that his forum said to remove it if I had the motor out. he said "Yeah but we don't cary that part". W.T.F.? The owner called the local Kawasaki place and they said they would order it and that was three weeks ago. I went back yesterday and looked at this thing again and I am now wondering if I can have one made from a machine shop by taking the gasket for the size and hole patern. Does anyone know the answer to my question? Can I just have one made or can I just remove the small reed that is inside it and put it back on?

+1
    You can buy them all day long on Ebay for about $20. The original setup was a water drain, in case you flooded the engine. As they got older, the valves would tend to leak, causing the engine to run lean and burn up the pistons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crankcase-bl...f811da&vxp=mtr

Looks like you have to drill your own holes and supply your own hardware on this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crankcase-bl...f811da&vxp=mtr

I bought two from a username of epcott, I think that is the username at least, off ebay. Comes with hardware and no drilling is needed

I think it was $15 shipped to my door.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by electro_2009 View Post
    I bought two from a username of epcott, I think that is the username at least, off ebay. Comes with hardware and no drilling is needed

I think it was $15 shipped to my door.
    epcot21 is the Ebay seller. I've bought a number of things from him, he's a pretty good seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-650...item23138ab962

More problems same boat 93 sx 750

I FOUND A BLOCK OFF PLATE FO THE 750 But the owner pulled his usual stunt of starting a project that he never will finish! He was going to paint the entire boat while I rebuilt the motor. Well he didnt even finish painting the bottom I had to do it and I only painted the bottom the rest is still stock white and Purple. It looks worse that Fido's ass. Thats what Im dealing with. I put the pump in and then the motor back the in with the motor plate still attached. I get the pump back on then the ride plate and flow grate. I then drop motor inside and and bolt it down. a week later I try to spin the pumpshaft by hand without spark plugs the pumpshaft slides about three inches towards the transom of the causing the couplers and rubber piece to come completly seperated. I know this pump and Pumpshaft are not properly installed if I can bt hand push the pumpshaft back and forth three inches or more. What have I done wrong other than working on a friends boat? Please help!

Thread Information