Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

First ride 2012 VXR

I took out my new 2012 VXR today for its first run. Yamaha hit a home run with this ski. I love the way it carves.ski is very light feeling and nimble, there is almost no drag when turning. I think this ski runs on lake water as my fuel guage never moved , I only ran it 1/2 hour. I may bring this little turd to mud bug this year, its that good.....

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats!!

+1
    Glad your impressed with the ride of the VXR! I love mine and it handles more like a GPR than a newer 4 Stroke machine IMO. I hit 35 hours on mine Sunday and picked up another MPH

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I took out my new 2012 VXR today for its first run. Yamaha hit a home run with this ski. I love the way it carves.ski is very light feeling and nimble, there is almost no drag when turning. I think this ski runs on lake water as my fuel guage never moved , I only ran it 1/2 hour. I may bring this little turd to mud bug this year, its that good.....
    Awesome! It is such a fun ski! Your right about throwing it around, seems as nimble as my old 96 XP haha! Also, your spot on about the MPG of the ski, it sips fuel! Remeber when your gauge reads 2 bars, you really got about half a tank left and when it beeps I beleive you still have 4 gallons left.

+1
    yes sir , the VXR is the perfect GPR replacement.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    yes sir , the VXR is the perfect GPR replacement.
    jealous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am going to try to get mine in the water this week so i can get the 10 hour service done then finish mods...

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKiller View Post
    Glad your impressed with the ride of the VXR! I love mine and it handles more like a GPR than a newer 4 Stroke machine IMO. I hit 35 hours on mine Sunday and picked up another MPH
    Mine picked up speed with use as well, 2 mph or so by 30hrs. Both of the stock vxs had te same result, picking up speed with use.

Cougar, is you ski stock? Two of the vxs which did the intake/ exhaust mods actually showed a loss in peak speed after 10 hrs with the mods. They did not have reflashes as they were not available last summer. I would like to think reflashes would fix this, at least getting them back up to stock speeds.

1+

I've got 2 VXS and love'em and the kids think they rock too. I've got 37 hrs on mine and I too have picked up 2 mph on both. Not a drop of oil burned near as I can tell. I took the advise of many on here and broke'em in hard. Just let'em get to operating temp and rode'em like I stole'em then changed oil after first 10 hours. I'm very impressed. I was running along side of a 260X 2 days ago on a glassy lake and kept right up with him. Out of the hole he slayed me though but once at top speed I think I was slowly catchin up. He just bought it and paid $16,000 for it so I assume it was stock.

+1
    yep... stock... I am going to delete the sound surpression stuff to make it louder.. thats about it for motor mods as its fast enough for me right now.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    What is the fastest vxr to this point not running boost or race fuel? I was reading a thread from last year but I think it stayed around 70 if my memory serves me correctly.

Sean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information