Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 250x 08 SET UP

250x 08 SET UP

question is i am looking for instructions on installing the r&D Ultra 250X Powershot Fuel Controller
    I found the unit just lying loose on top of the fuel tank.
    This is a project machine as when i got it there was a hole in the block con rod broke which looked like the relief valve fell apart once i open the bottom up.
    its got riva exhaust box ,ride plate and intake grate. I think the fuel pump has ben upgraded but need to know how to check. Got bigger injector with fuel pump regulator and intercoole blocked off.
    Any info on set up would be appreciated. Conditions which it will be operated in is high outside temp 40 C and water temp around 34 C and at sea level in high salt water content( arabian gulf Dubai)
    Thanks for the info so far guys keep up the good work

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    What are your goals for the ski, do you have a pulley? Which injectors do you have and why do you want to use the powershot?

Sean

ok,i have fuel injectors that are pink in color and think the pulley is the standard one. How do i know what is standard and what isn't. Sorry not to familiar with Kawasaki.
    The ski will be made serviceable and then sold. Can the stock ecu handle the bigger fuel injectors? Itwas just strange for the previous owners to almost got to full stage 1 but just have the powershot lying there. I think the guys over here are not clued up enough to install the powershot.
    I am an engineer by trade and get by with a few rebuilds.
    Thanks for the help so far

+1
    Measure the supercharger pulley and crank pulley and get the numbers back . Most people just use stock injectors with increased fuel pressure. The pink injectors are from a sti i think.

Sean

ok will do but tomorrow as its 1 o clock in the morning here. Thanks for the info. I am using a 07 and 08 to rebuild one engine out of the the 2. I can tell you the 08 had an alloy type crank oulley which has corroded beyond use. The 07 had a steel which looks like stainless , i see the oart numbers online parts catalog are the same.
    Take care

Gary

+1
    Just be sure to measure the crank pullys its an old trick to use a larger crank pully to spin the supercharger faster.

Sean

Hi I have a friend with almost the same set up but he could never get the skit to run right with the pink injectors as he was using the stock ecu. They did try the power shot along with the stock ECU but no good.
    That prob why the engine blew and they left the power shot disconnected.
    I'd say get the stock injectors with the sotck ECU and a modified pulley as with that alone it will be a fast ski.
    My friends ski is running easily over 70mph.
    On his last race he blew past a Ultra 300x so that alone tells you its a fast ski.

+1
    cant imagine a 250 blowing past a 300 even if it has a pulley kit!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    Hi I have a friend with almost the same set up but he could never get the skit to run right with the pink injectors as he was using the stock ecu. They did try the power shot along with the stock ECU but no good.
    That prob why the engine blew and they left the power shot disconnected.
    I'd say get the stock injectors with the sotck ECU and a modified pulley as with that alone it will be a fast ski.
    My friends ski is running easily over 70mph.
    On his last race he blew past a Ultra 300x so that alone tells you its a fast ski.
    Pink injectors are a waist of time
    Powershot is a piece of shit, because when they fail they send the tune lean

all u need is pulley 1-1, walbro fuel pump,stock injectors, and reg set up if you want to do it CORRECTLY

set the FP at 43# on STOCK injectors and enjoy , if running LONG WOT I ran up to 45 psi

if it a 07 ECU you are richer which is a good thing

if a 1-1 pullied 250x beats a 300x it only means the 300 hasn't been delimited yet

The above setup has been proven around the world over over
    Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 04-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.

ok here goes, crank pulley is 100mm and idler pulley is 85mm the 07 had a much smaller pulley. I have the ecu and key for the 07 so may be good to run with that ecu being richer with outside air temp hotter and can get pretty humid here too. Glad to see more guys joined in the discussion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information