2010 Speedster 150 slow crank after first start?

My SeaDoo 2010 Speedster 150 seems to have a crankingissue. The boat has about 20 hours onit. It seems to start fine at launch; wetake the boat out and run for a while. After shutting the boat off and letting it sit for a while it seems to almostnot want to start. The crank is veryslow. I replaced the battery with a new1000 crank battery and still have the same issue. Today we sat about 20 min with the radio onand it would barley crank over when hitting the start button. Any suggestions on that issue?

+1
    Your charging system isnt working properly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Your charging system isnt working properly...
    I have checked the charging system. I get 14.75 volts at 5500 rpm and my battery aways reads 12.6 to 12.7 volts after a run. It doesn't seem to be a heat issue either. If I let it sit for about an hour it will still slow crank. What would be the next step, starter or soleniod.

+1
    battery terminals or a ground wire not hooked up to the battery are pretty common issues. Sand the terminals

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    battery terminals or a ground wire not hooked up to the battery are pretty common issues. Sand the terminals

Terminals were cleaned when putting in the new battery. All grounds appear to be tight and connected. I replaced the solenoid today, same result. I ran it hard about 20 min then came back to the dock and slow crank again. It turns over once, then pauses, then it proceeds to crank and start. Any thoughts?

+1
    I don't know if this could do it but when it happens have you pulled the plugs to see if one of them is really wet. If so maybe that injector is bad. Long shot...

Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    I don't know if this could do it but when it happens have you pulled the plugs to see if one of them is really wet. If so maybe that injector is bad. Long shot...
    More on my findings. A fully charged batter draws down to around 11.1 to 11.5 volts while cranking, is that normal? It also seems to happen more often if I run it and wait a period of time before cranking again. So I run 20 min and wait 5 min I will get slow crank.

Thread Information