+1

GTR-which intake grate?

Was looking to add an intake grate, but not sure what one would work? See RnD makes a GTI one but dont know if that will work well with the 215 engine. Anyone know if the S3 hull ones would work? Im looking for more hookup and better top end.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Was looking to add an intake grate, but not sure what one would work? See RnD makes a GTI one but dont know if that will work well with the 215 engine. Anyone know if the S3 hull ones would work? Im looking for more hookup and better top end.
    I don't think they have released any specifically for the gtr yet.

+1
    They havent thats why I was asking around...lol. The px is taking all the hype and time of aftermarket companies.....lol. I wonder if the stock grate of a px might fit. Im going to contact RnD and see if they are developing anything.

Been a lurker on the site for long. especially since everytime i have a search about the GTR surferd15 you always come up. not to many people out there modding the gtr yet. spoke to a couple company's (riva and RnD) and they both said that once the base mods/ maps are done for the rxpx, they will begin development with the GTR.they say by the spring they should have basic mods out specific for the GTR. intake grate, ride plate, full thru hull exhaust. I bought a GTR in july last year and love it. not one complaint with it but like everything else, could use more umfff. but i finally grew a set and had to make a s/n to join the green hulk community lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyGTR View Post
    Been a lurker on the site for long. especially since everytime i have a search about the GTR surferd15 you always come up. not to many people out there modding the gtr yet. spoke to a couple company's (riva and RnD) and they both said that once the base mods/ maps are done for the rxpx, they will begin development with the GTR.they say by the spring they should have basic mods out specific for the GTR. intake grate, ride plate, full thru hull exhaust. I bought a GTR in july last year and love it. not one complaint with it but like everything else, could use more umfff. but i finally grew a set and had to make a s/n to join the green hulk community lol.

Lol yeah I was trying to get this thing going but had many headaches....I got tired of being the guinea pig for a company that takes forever to respond to anything, had problems with other things and got a best of 69 anyways so, seems like the ski's hull limits it to around this speed, but again not sure what other mods would bring. I am just gonna ride for now..lol

+1
    Been talking to the guys at riva. They promise the intake grate is coming.
    Beyond external handling components what are you looking for. It's still a 4-tec with an internal i/c.
    The parts, pieces and info are already out there to make it an 80+ boat, but no new bolt on miracle is gonna make it happen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LPG256 View Post
    Been talking to the guys at riva. They promise the intake grate is coming.
    Beyond external handling components what are you looking for. It's still a 4-tec with an internal i/c.
    The parts, pieces and info are already out there to make it an 80+ boat, but no new bolt on miracle is gonna make it happen.
    If it only was that easy to make it a 80+ boat. The GTR uses a GTI hull which some have mentioned has a limit around 74/75. Thats the issue. Another is prop choice seems like props on other boats dont do well on this. So anyways its a different monster...first year was 2012 and as far as I know two are modding it.

+1
    Has anyone heard from RIva? Have they started to work on this ski?

There may not be a huge market for GTR specific stuff. New model and many who buy it find its fun the way it is. Think of it as a factory maxed GTI.

+1
    its is defiantly a fun platform.

11. +1 by:

Thread Information