good deal on 06 and 04 stx 15f?

Looking at getting 2006 Kawa STX 15f with 56 hours and a 2004 Kawa STX 15f with 148 hours and a trailer. From a private seller on craigslist but so i worry about issues which i sent a msg asking. He is asking $7800 for all. Noticed a lot of people getting issues with the pumps and 2004 models starting to have issues. thanks in advance for any help.

+1
    I bought a 2008 STX15F yesterday with 33 hours and a double trailer for $4400. It seems to run well but does has a bit of hull damage that may or may not need slight repair. It's always a gamble when you buy used if you aren't really sure what you're looking at but you could always take a second pair of eyes with you. They may catch something that you missed. Good luck!

thats a heck of a deal u got. everytime i find one jet ski it usually comes with a single trailer but looking to get most bang for my buck.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Do you have any idea who owns them and where they had them serviced?

no idea yet, know it is in clarksville, tn but still waiting on a response.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah I looked the ad up, thought it may have been local....I know alot of the service techs in the Rivergate area...............I Had an 06 15f I put about 180 hours on it, no real problems, just the occasional hard start after long rides.......

Just bought two 15f s. last month. Purchased them separately. First an 05 with 21 hrs and a single trailer. Like new condition for $4200. Then had to drive 8 hrs to get the match. An 09 15f with 40 hrs, no trailer for $5400. Took them both for test drive on the lake and did a compression test before I paid. All is well, put a few more hrs on them since and all seams well. Be very carefull with craigslist. We found a lot of scams. The last one was kinda scary. Because the owners was loaded and his helper was the guy selling it. Buying a ski from somebody who doesn't own it scared me. The owner was to rich to deal with it himself. A bunch of crap! Drove to a few of that had motor rebuilds. They were described as a factory replacement, they weren't. Joe blow rebuilds from a box of parts. Don't want those. Look for signs of a motor teardown and just be smart.

i would prefer to take them out and test them but sometimes it isn't enough. Bought my car and test drove it and all but 2 weeks later clutch went out in it. how do you do a compression test and what are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyfowens View Post
    Noticed a lot of people getting issues with the pumps and 2004 models starting to have issues.
    It's not the pumps. It's the owners who don't check/replace pump bearings when due. Not only 15F, any pwc.

And what other issues on which 2004 models?

Thread Information