Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Lock and Load tron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAX, WI
    Posts
    259
    +1
    1

    T-Bolt Clamps - What's the true Hollywood story?

    I was looking at swapping out my stock hose clamps on the intake / intercooler / sc / exhaust for some T-Bolt clamps from siliconeintakes.com (http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...085b6a0e3dccd1) as they won't "chew" into the rubber and actually have a wider clamping band but was reading other members not being a fan? Could anybody elaborate?


  2. #2
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    I like them. they hold well. My only issue with them is that I bought some on eBay and the bolt (not the clamp) rusted.

  3. #3
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    They are definitely easier on the hoses. The only drawback I can see is the sizes have to be closer to what is actually needed. You can't just keep cranking on them to make them smaller.

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    I was having a problem with the hose coming off the SC. Tried Tbolt and it would I not hold either. I put a new hose on and it has not blown off since. It could have been the new hose but the worm clamp is working fine.
    JMO, but I say if you are not having issues with them coming off leave the ones that are there.

  5. #5
    Lock and Load tron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAX, WI
    Posts
    259
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    They are definitely easier on the hoses. The only drawback I can see is the sizes have to be closer to what is actually needed. You can't just keep cranking on them to make them smaller.
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of how my hoses are getting chewed up with the stock worm clamps. I'm really digging the additional .250" clamping band width also.

    Anybody have a sliconeintakes shopping list for sizes? I'm assuming all clamps needed will need the 2.5" ( Actual clamping ability is 2.60" to 2.91"), can anybody confirm this? I'm coming up with 6 clamps needed for my T-X
    (2) SC to IC
    (2) IC To TB
    (2) Waterbox to Resonator / straight pipe

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    A friend of mine turned me on to the European Clamps AWAB. Best clamps I have ever used. Changed every one in both of my ski's to AWAB clamps..

    Found them at speciality hardwhere store or a marine store.

  7. #7
    ecpChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ocean county nj
    Posts
    2,912
    +1
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of how my hoses are getting chewed up with the stock worm clamps. I'm really digging the additional .250" clamping band width also.

    Anybody have a sliconeintakes shopping list for sizes? I'm assuming all clamps needed will need the 2.5" ( Actual clamping ability is 2.60" to 2.91"), can anybody confirm this? I'm coming up with 6 clamps needed for my T-X
    (2) SC to IC
    (2) IC To TB
    (2) Waterbox to Resonator / straight pipe
    SC to IC and IC to TB are 2.5.
    Waterbox to resonator are 2.75

  8. #8
    i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    432
    +1
    9
    if your blowing off hoses, get some thinners and clean any oil off the insides of the hose where it contacts the throttle body or cooler/what have you and do the same to the other mating surface, get it perfectly clean and no oil/grease etc push on and tighten up.

  9. #9
    JPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Down under
    Posts
    934
    +1
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    if your blowing off hoses, get some thinners and clean any oil off the insides of the hose where it contacts the throttle body or cooler/what have you and do the same to the other mating surface, get it perfectly clean and no oil/grease etc push on and tighten up.
    thats the go ! I use break cleaner with a clean rag and never had issues with hoses or clamps.

  10. #10
    Sayers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Melbourne AUS
    Posts
    2,300
    +1
    134
    Anyone know where to get the constant tension clamps? Think they are Tial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 06:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 02:53 PM
  3. What size T bolt clamps
    By GYTWYPT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 12:39 AM
  4. What is the reason for this bolt?
    By 97GPSLEEPER in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:29 PM
  5. What size T-Bolt Clamps???
    By meeper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •