Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

T-Bolt Clamps - What's the true Hollywood story?

I was looking at swapping out my stock hose clamps on the intake / intercooler / sc / exhaust for some T-Bolt clamps from siliconeintakes.com (http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...085b6a0e3dccd1) as they won't "chew" into the rubber and actually have a wider clamping band but was reading other members not being a fan? Could anybody elaborate?

+1
    I like them. they hold well. My only issue with them is that I bought some on eBay and the bolt (not the clamp) rusted.

+1
    They are definitely easier on the hoses. The only drawback I can see is the sizes have to be closer to what is actually needed. You can't just keep cranking on them to make them smaller.

+1
    I was having a problem with the hose coming off the SC. Tried Tbolt and it would I not hold either. I put a new hose on and it has not blown off since. It could have been the new hose but the worm clamp is working fine.
    JMO, but I say if you are not having issues with them coming off leave the ones that are there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    They are definitely easier on the hoses. The only drawback I can see is the sizes have to be closer to what is actually needed. You can't just keep cranking on them to make them smaller.
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of how my hoses are getting chewed up with the stock worm clamps. I'm really digging the additional .250" clamping band width also.

Anybody have a sliconeintakes shopping list for sizes? I'm assuming all clamps needed will need the 2.5" ( Actual clamping ability is 2.60" to 2.91"), can anybody confirm this? I'm coming up with 6 clamps needed for my T-X
    (2) SC to IC
    (2) IC To TB
    (2) Waterbox to Resonator / straight pipe

+1
    A friend of mine turned me on to the European Clamps AWAB. Best clamps I have ever used. Changed every one in both of my ski's to AWAB clamps..

Found them at speciality hardwhere store or a marine store.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Yeah I'm not really a fan of how my hoses are getting chewed up with the stock worm clamps. I'm really digging the additional .250" clamping band width also.

Anybody have a sliconeintakes shopping list for sizes? I'm assuming all clamps needed will need the 2.5" ( Actual clamping ability is 2.60" to 2.91"), can anybody confirm this? I'm coming up with 6 clamps needed for my T-X
    (2) SC to IC
    (2) IC To TB
    (2) Waterbox to Resonator / straight pipe
    SC to IC and IC to TB are 2.5.
    Waterbox to resonator are 2.75

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1
    if your blowing off hoses, get some thinners and clean any oil off the insides of the hose where it contacts the throttle body or cooler/what have you and do the same to the other mating surface, get it perfectly clean and no oil/grease etc push on and tighten up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    if your blowing off hoses, get some thinners and clean any oil off the insides of the hose where it contacts the throttle body or cooler/what have you and do the same to the other mating surface, get it perfectly clean and no oil/grease etc push on and tighten up.
    thats the go ! I use break cleaner with a clean rag and never had issues with hoses or clamps.

+1
    Anyone know where to get the constant tension clamps? Think they are Tial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information