Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    RipNSki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE MN on the Mississippi River
    Posts
    734
    +1
    5

    What impeller to use for these mods? 09 p-x R&D Grate, 4 inch fizzle, holes filled,

    I have a 09 rxp-x with the following mods (In mail but on the way) I'm just wondering what everyone else is using successfully?
    Here are the mods I will have on my machine...
    R&D intake grate
    4 inch Fizzle air intake and catch can
    Opas block offs
    Holes filled on plate...

    So what size impeller should I get, I don't plan on increasing injector size unless I would see a huge increase in top speed. (only looking for top speed, not worried about hole shot at all...) I've heard that I would need to get a prop if I do the fizzle upgrade.
    Currently I am running about 72.5 @ 8120 RPM's ( I know I will loose a bit in the summer)

    Ripper


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    I have a 09 rxp-x with the following mods (In mail but on the way) I'm just wondering what everyone else is using successfully?
    Here are the mods I will have on my machine...
    R&D intake grate
    4 inch Fizzle air intake and catch can
    Opas block offs
    Holes filled on plate...

    So what size impeller should I get, I don't plan on increasing injector size unless I would see a huge increase in top speed. (only looking for top speed, not worried about hole shot at all...) I've heard that I would need to get a prop if I do the fizzle upgrade.
    Currently I am running about 72.5 @ 8120 RPM's ( I know I will loose a bit in the summer)

    Ripper
    15/22r

  3. #3
    RipNSki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE MN on the Mississippi River
    Posts
    734
    +1
    5
    thanks, do you know if I add 50 lb injectors would that be the same impeller?

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    thanks, do you know if I add 50 lb injectors would that be the same impeller?
    You probaly would loose performance if you went to 50's without going to a bigger SC.

  5. #5
    RipNSki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE MN on the Mississippi River
    Posts
    734
    +1
    5
    Would you suggest going to a dif inejectior or not at all. I really want reliability on my machine too.

  6. #6
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    Would you suggest going to a dif inejectior or not at all. I really want reliability on my machine too.
    With the mods you are doing your stock injectors are fine.
    Why do you want to change injectors?

  7. #7
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    Bigger's better?

  8. #8
    RipNSki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SE MN on the Mississippi River
    Posts
    734
    +1
    5
    It just seems that everyone that is going high 70's has different injectors then stock... I will see what I do with those mods and go from there... Hope to get over 75 is all...

    Ripper

  9. #9
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    Once you add something to increase the amount of air being forced into the combustion chamber you will need more fuel also, so larger injectors. The 4" and FA removal help somewhat, but until you add something to put more boost into the recipe you should be OK with stock injectors. That's why you will also see folks running an AirFuelRatio gage, so they can tell that the amount of air to fuel is just right. You are on the right track, but remember also as the weather warms you will see less power. Don't get discouraged, we all fight it. Look at Troy's set up in his signature or search for a RXPX build by "SKALLES" I think it is. JP1300 is also a wizard with these skis, and Duke, .......Just keep reading, you will find all you need to know. Ride safe!

  10. #10
    haleyscomet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Clair Shores, MI
    Posts
    212
    Welcome to the forum. Check out the mod section. You will find everything you're lookinng for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What impeller to use?!?
    By Redxbob in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:50 AM
  2. What impeller to use
    By Dnebe in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 09:37 PM
  3. what oil to use for tropical temp.
    By carlo4tech in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 08:10 PM
  4. What Impeller To Use?
    By MoDoggie in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 05:01 PM
  5. what oil to use for oil change
    By macattack in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •