Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Inards for jetworks valve?????

Just taking apart the hoses to install a TDR WB and noticed all the hoses are pretty cooked inside along with the paint on the stock box. So i took off the jetworks valve that was on the ski when i got it thinking the previous owner didnt know to blip the throttle during long idle to get a little water in there (he only had it for a summer) and noticed that there are no inards to it????? Pretty sure there should be a spring and ball or some sort of flow release inside, but nothing?? So either the plastic ball burned up or someone took out the insides after overheating the exhaust.

My question to all is, does anybody know and have a pic of what should be inside, and if you can get the insides some where without buying a whole new valve?
    Its the larger red jetworks also.

Thanks!

+1
    Yes its a 3/8" ball with a conical spring.

+1
    there was a recall on them and the dealers where told to remove the ball and spring because the would tend to stick and burn up exhaust hoses

+1
    I remember the rubber ball sticking story, so everyone was supposed to install the white delron or plastic type ball from Mcmaster Carr,

+1
    cool, thanks for the responses everybody. Im looking on the mcmaster carr site and see the 3/8 white alumina ceramic-hi temp ones, and they have the springs too, but alot. Anybody know what the specifics of the spring are; size (length), wire diam., and end diameters of the conical spring?

Definately looks less expensive to get the spring and ball vs a new jetworks if i can get the spring size narrowed down, mcmaster carr has loads of different stuff on their site!

Thanks again for any info!

Banned User
    +1
    I looked and wasn't able to find the bal and spring. I ended up buying a whole new valve

+1
    mcmaster car definately has them, just need to narrow down the spring size as there are a bunch that they carry. Im guessing that the top diameter would be just a bit smaller than the 3/8ball and the bottom would be larger than the diameter of the input opening for water flow and length a bit longer than the overall length of the valve for compression and adjustment.

Seeing if someone has one and they wouldnt mind measuring the spring specs so I can get one that is pretty close or dead on, some come in packs of three and for about $15 and some come individually, so getting a bunch to try wouldn't make sense $$ wise. Thanks everybody and hopefully someone can post up the spring specs, all the info is much appreciated!

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by D007 View Post
    mcmaster car definately has them, just need to narrow down the spring size as there are a bunch that they carry. Im guessing that the top diameter would be just a bit smaller than the 3/8ball and the bottom would be larger than the diameter of the input opening for water flow and length a bit longer than the overall length of the valve for compression and adjustment.

Seeing if someone has one and they wouldnt mind measuring the spring specs so I can get one that is pretty close or dead on, some come in packs of three and for about $15 and some come individually, so getting a bunch to try wouldn't make sense $$ wise. Thanks everybody and hopefully someone can post up the spring specs, all the info is much appreciated!
    I can measure mine when I get home.

Did you end up buying the ball on McMaster?

+1
    I will find the mcmaster number,
    see some past post on the subject,
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...et+works+balls

quote from Beerdart
    No I never made the valves I have delrin balls to replace the rubber ones.
    McMaster sells them.

9614K58
    White Delrin Ball 3/8" Diameter
    In stock at $6.80 per Pack
    This product is sold in Packs of 100

Banned User
    +1
    You also need to get a spring with the right rate. The spring is calibrated for the valve. Too heavy of a spring will make the valve not work properly. For about 40 bucks you can just get a new valve that already has the upgraded ball in it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information