Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Federal Income Tax Thread

Let's hear some opinions here in this thread. Here goes mine:

After I pay taxes every week out of my check, I get to write them a check again, you know just to square up with the Federal Goverment. I am sure they will spend the money I send them wisely.

I am all for my tax dollars going to the military, and anything that has to do with equipping our soldiers with the best guns, tanks, etc. Also when natural distasters strike, I don't mind tax money going to help with relief efforts.

The goverment and entitlement programs are way too big, and gas prices are higher than giraffe p*ssy. Do any of you just get down right pissed this time of year if you have to write the goverment a check? I do! Sure I could file differently and get less on my check week to week, and get a refund at the end of the year, but I prefer to have my money in my pocket for the year, and it makes paying bills easier.

In closing, I would like to vent a little about something. I have a 5 year old daughter who stays with me as much as she does that b*tch I used to be married to. I get my daughter an extra day than what the divorce decree states, and would not have it any other way. The b*tch who I used to be married to is the custodial parent and is able to claim her as a dependent. I pay full child support, can't claim my daughter as a dependent (only if the b*tch I used to be married to would allow me to every other year, and that is not going to happen). Guess who gets money back from the goverment? You guessed it, (the b*tch I used to be married to). OK, I'm done. Thanks for your time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post

After I pay taxes every week out of my check, I get to write them a check again, you know just to square up with the Federal Goverment. I am sure they will spend the money I send them wisely.

I am all for my tax dollars going to the military, and anything that has to do with equipping our soldiers with the best guns, tanks, etc. Also when natural distasters strike, I don't mind tax money going to help with relief efforts.

The goverment and entitlement programs are way too big, and gas prices are higher than giraffe p*ssy. Do any of you just get down right pissed this time of year if you have to write the goverment a check? I do! Sure I could file differently and get less on my check week to week, and get a refund at the end of the year, but I prefer to have my money in my pocket for the year, and it makes paying bills easier.

In closing, I would like to vent a little about something. I have a 5 year old daughter who stays with me as much as she does that b*tch I used to be married to. I get my daughter an extra day than what the divorce decree states, and would not have it any other way. The b*tch who I used to be married to is the custodial parent and is able to claim her as a dependent. I pay full child support, can't claim my daughter as a dependent (only if the b*tch I used to be married to would allow me to every other year, and that is not going to happen). Guess who gets money back from the goverment? You guessed it, (the b*tch I used to be married to). OK, I'm done. Thanks for your time.
    In NJ, and I'm pretty sure in most other states, if you pay child support you are entitled to claim your child every other year. I am in the same type of situation as you and claim my son every other year. When I first went to court, the workers/mediators tried to tell me I couldn't ever claim him on taxes because I wasn't the custodial parent. I thought that was BS because I was basically paying child support to "level the playing field" so I felt it fair to as least get alternating years (really I think every year is in order since I'm paying her taxed dollars that are going right in her pocket). Anyway, I originally was bullied into giving up my right to claim my son every other year until I went to court to change the custody agreement and contested it. The judge told me (and the ex) that I should be minimally claiming my son every other year because there is no law against it and it was only fair. i would look into it if I were you. Don't just roll over because for a couple years I did that and it got me no where. If you are a good father and present yourself well in court, you would be surprised how the tables can turn in your favor. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just want to vent. I surely know how you are feeling right now

+1
    Welcome to the 53%. Rewarding the takers & punishing the makers is only "fair", right?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    moral of the story. . . don't get married!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ecpChris View Post
    In NJ, and I'm pretty sure in most other states, if you pay child support you are entitled to claim your child every other year. I am in the same type of situation as you and claim my son every other year. When I first went to court, the workers/mediators tried to tell me I couldn't ever claim him on taxes because I wasn't the custodial parent. I thought that was BS because I was basically paying child support to "level the playing field" so I felt it fair to as least get alternating years (really I think every year is in order since I'm paying her taxed dollars that are going right in her pocket). Anyway, I originally was bullied into giving up my right to claim my son every other year until I went to court to change the custody agreement and contested it. The judge told me (and the ex) that I should be minimally claiming my son every other year because there is no law against it and it was only fair. i would look into it if I were you. Don't just roll over because for a couple years I did that and it got me no where. If you are a good father and present yourself well in court, you would be surprised how the tables can turn in your favor. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or just want to vent. I surely know how you are feeling right now
    Thanks man. I will be getting with my lawyer on this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    moral of the story. . . don't get married!
    Never again unless I am 50 years old and a prenuptial agreement is in place.

+1

Absolutely, I'm sure they'll carve it out of your azz and spend it wisely.
    And they also have teams of Federal watchdogs to keep an eye on that stuff, right?
    I mean, what could go wrong?
    It's not like we have GSA employees staying in $1,000 rooms and buying $4 per-shrimp snacks or anything.
    It's not like they're spending $823,000 on lavish vegas "work sessions."
    Or hiring clowns and mind readers.
    Relax. It's not like they would use tax dollars and stimulus money to celebrate their use of stimulus money, right?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...#ixzz1rrJXEaUn

+1
    Thanks man. I will be getting with my lawyer on this.
    Sounds like that's the best option. Until seeing this thread & looking up the tax code I never knew child support is tax exempt for the custodial parent & NOT deductible for the parent paying it. Seems kinda backwards to me. If the custodial parent is claiming the dependent, the parent making child support payments should be the one receiving the exemption on those payments. The way it is now gives double exemptions to one parent while double fucking the other.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq/0,,id=199711,00.html

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I would really like to see an option where we the people get to choose where our tax dollars go. and what I mean by that is lets say you are taxed $5000 over the course of a year. then, at tax time you get an option to pick from a long list where your money goes and for the sake of argument pick a minimum of 5 items to pay taxes to outside of the usual fire, police, and schools...just my .02

+1
    Had to pay $3,000 on top of taxes this year. That would of been a nice down payment on some new skis. Take 2 step forward and 5 step back. When ever you start getting a head or doing well they just put you back in your place. At the bottom of the food change. My wife was telling me that she herd that the Government is trying to past a taxes on deposit money into your bank. WTF. Can you imagine get charge 2% to 5% for taxes on your money to deposit to pay your bills. If that happens When you cash your pay check you will get tax's again. I cant see this happening. But if they can get away with it they will. With User fees going up on boat launch, parking, gas, etc, it is killing allot of actives for me. We are not going on trips as much and hitting different lakes as much. If the government could taxes us for every Email we send , They would. Hang in there everybody It could be worse. We are all living the American dream right.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information