2007 Seadoo Speester 150 215hp Exhaust Question

I'm in the process of taking out and rebuilding the SC on my boat. I have been looking around for different performance parts to add while I am under the hood. I have two questions while doing this. (1) where can I find boat specific parts (the parts for the engines I know are usually the same as the ski parts) and (2) does anyone run a straight pipe for an exhaust? I see straight pipes for the skis but not the boat and is it beneficial being I have the SC model? Thank you in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubgolf81 View Post
    I'm in the process of taking out and rebuilding the SC on my boat. I have been looking around for different performance parts to add while I am under the hood. I have two questions while doing this. (1) where can I find boat specific parts (the parts for the engines I know are usually the same as the ski parts) and (2) does anyone run a straight pipe for an exhaust? I see straight pipes for the skis but not the boat and is it beneficial being I have the SC model? Thank you in advance.
    Most guys on skis don't run a straight pipe unless they are turbo as it is ridiculously loud and extremely annoying. They will run a 'Free Flow' Exhaust omitting the need for a resonator box etc. The drone would be unbearable not to mention not very many people would want to ride behind you or with you for that matter as it will exit inside the pump tunnel. Incredibly annoying drone. You could start by going free flow. That will give you a little more sound but WILL NOT give you any performance additions. I would just do the free flow mod and be done with it. I have a TDR box on the ski and it sounds great. It's loud, but it sounds great! You can hear it coming from a ways away.

Put a 4 inch air intake on it while you are there. Increased throttle response you'll notice right away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Most guys on skis don't run a straight pipe unless they are turbo as it is ridiculously loud and extremely annoying. They will run a 'Free Flow' Exhaust omitting the need for a resonator box etc. The drone would be unbearable not to mention not very many people would want to ride behind you or with you for that matter as it will exit inside the pump tunnel. Incredibly annoying drone. You could start by going free flow. That will give you a little more sound but WILL NOT give you any performance additions. I would just do the free flow mod and be done with it. I have a TDR box on the ski and it sounds great. It's loud, but it sounds great! You can hear it coming from a ways away.

Put a 4 inch air intake on it while you are there. Increased throttle response you'll notice right away with that.
    Thank you for the feed back. If I were to modify the exhaust to a TRUE straight pipe, I would actually side vent it out the passenger side of the boat just below the rear hatch. Basically open header on a car lol. I was just trying to figure out if the complete lack of ANY back pressure would be a benefit or not on a SC engine. If I know a straight pipe works, then I could even weld up a mechanical exhaust valve to route the exhaust straight out the side when I want too and through the stock exhaust at other times. just don't want to go through all the work if its not REALLY worth it. Thanks again.

Thread Information