Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bath day today for Jynx!!

Very first bath today for Jynx the Water Warrior. Also shows what I'm pulling her around with. Man the Altima is LOADED DOWN!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-12 13.33.08.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	135.1 KB 
ID:	268675Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-12 13.33.27.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	268676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-12 13.32.25.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	268678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-12 13.32.56.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	268677

Banned User
    +1
    NICE! That trailer is a little too small for that ski...and honestly whoever set that trailer up from the dealer is missing a few fries in their happy meal.......Move the ski back about a foot, or till the FZ is in the center of the fender, whichever comes first. That will lighten your tongue weight...You will have to extend the bunks a little too........Or get a bigger trailer.

Yeah the trailer is the next big thing on my list of "to-dos" The bunks don't adjust front to back unfortunately so the easy answer would be to get a bigger longer trailer, one suitable for the larger skis. This trailer had a 2000 GP800 on it which is about 400 pounds lighter than the FZR. All in due time, all in due time.

+1
    just moving it back would be a great help, and move the which tower back and get the which strap under the roller, help keep it planted on the trailer

Gotcha. Prolly gonna head out to the Creek tomorrow or Sunday but I figure tomorrow I can do some re-positioning before I head up. Thanks for the heads up ya'll!

How does the new ride run? Hella fast stock?

+1
    Can you adjust the axle? Instead of moving the ski on the bunks, move the axle forward if possible. That will help balance the weight and help with the tongue weight and will also make it easier to lift it up by the tongue to drain water, hook and unhook etc. I had to do that with my double trailer when I got it. It took me a few times of moving the axle back and forth to find that good all around balance. Each time I launched the skies I would make a subtle change until I got what I wanted. BTW nice looking ski. I always liked the black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulefoot View Post
    How does the new ride run? Hella fast stock?

Mule she is wicked fast bone stock, but then I only have my old 2 stroke GP800 to really compare to. I started out riding 2 years ago at my cousins lake house in Cummings, GA on Lake Sidney Lanier and he has an 06 model 4 stroke. So to me I've not been on anything as fast as this, and it naturally feels like it goes like all hell's broke loose! The test will come of course once I square off against other guys of similar setup.

+1
    yup, you need to decrease tongue weight. you are supposed to have 10-20% of the total trailer weight on the tongue. put a scale under the tongue and see where you are at. that will tell you if you need to adjust.

also, it's OK if the ski hangs off the back of the bunks a little bit. no matter what you do though, make sure the back of that ski is tied down......

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    Can you adjust the axle? Instead of moving the ski on the bunks, move the axle forward if possible. That will help balance the weight and help with the tongue weight and will also make it easier to lift it up by the tongue to drain water, hook and unhook etc. I had to do that with my double trailer when I got it. It took me a few times of moving the axle back and forth to find that good all around balance. Each time I launched the skies I would make a subtle change until I got what I wanted. BTW nice looking ski. I always liked the black.
    I don't think the axles are adjustable Jet, I am however going to adjust the ski backwards about 8-10 inches along with the winch, as Big John stated. This will help balance it out a bit better. I don't want to go too far back as I'm afraid too much hanging over the edge, and people wont see the trailer tail lights. That would REALLY suck if someone rear ended it cause they couldn't see the dang brake lights!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information