Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Ray Hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    76
    +1
    1

    ONLY PWC Squadron on the West Coast under Coast Guard command forming now

    We had our preliminary/how-do-you-do meeting last Saturday (for those that missed it) with the Coronado Coast Guard Auxiliary Command.
    They explained our missions, areas of patrol and training we need to complete.
    It will be at least 6 months until we complete our training and can be sent out on missions by the Coast Guard.
    First training class is this Saturday, April 14th, 9:30AM at Hipp Marine,4070 Kearny Mesa Rd. in San Diego.
    Itís NOT too late to become part of the ONLY PWC squadron on the West Coast under Coast Guard command.
    And like the Flotilla Commander said last week, you can ALWAYS say "NO THANKS" when they call you for duty.
    That's the ONLY way my wife would let me do this :>)
    Hope to see you Saturday !!
    V/r,
    Ray


  2. #2
    AquaGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The dock
    Posts
    558
    +1
    1
    So what exactly will you being? Do they reimburse you for gas?

  3. #3
    Ray Hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    76
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    So what exactly will you being? Do they reimburse you for gas?
    EVERYTHING is paid for....gas, pwc maintence, truck/car fuel to launch ramp & back, per diem for food & room when at River.
    Our job is Education, NOT Enforcement.
    We keep the public from getting REAL tickets from the police/Coast Guard/Water Cops with educating them and doing free inspections of their PWC's or boats.
    We also do patrols in support/by request of the Coast Guard at special events (races/Military Days/Safety).
    V/r,
    Ray

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hinton View Post
    EVERYTHING is paid for....gas, pwc maintence, truck/car fuel to launch ramp & back, per diem for food & room when at River.
    Our job is Education, NOT Enforcement.
    We keep the public from getting REAL tickets from the police/Coast Guard/Water Cops with educating them and doing free inspections of their PWC's or boats.
    We also do patrols in support/by request of the Coast Guard at special events (races/Military Days/Safety).
    V/r,
    Ray
    Do u have more info on this. Who to call etc ? Thanks

  5. #5
    Ray Hinton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    76
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Do u have more info on this. Who to call etc ? Thanks
    I have all information, the Auxiliary PR Guy is in his 80's and hard to get ahold of.
    Here is the link for ALL CG Auxiliary Documents http://forms.cgaux.org/forms.php
    Email me f you need any more info.
    We have a guy from Seal Beach who joined us last week.
    V/r,
    Ray

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. West Coast Watercraft Club SoCals Number 1 Club on The West Coast
    By X-Rated in forum West Coast Watercraft Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2016, 05:04 PM
  2. Looking for Riders on the West Coast
    By X-Rated in forum So Cal Riders
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 02:04 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 02:03 AM
  4. Dealer on the west coast
    By hondaturboboy in forum Honda Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 04:10 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •