VXR owners! Oil change method of choice?

I have searched, found and read numerous threads on this site about what oil to use, when to change it, break in procedures, etc., but I still have yet to run into a thread about how people are changing the oil in their machines. I used a CAT oil sample pump hooked up to a tiny little tube to take the oil out from the dipstick tube. Very tedious, time consuming and after having owned a 2007 VX Deluxe, a little frustrating. I mean, the oil filter location is way, way better than on the VX Deluxe, but is there no simpler, faster way to get the oil out of the engine in the VXR? Hell, I'd hate to have to attempt it if the engine was semi-cool... What's everyone's input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksack View Post
    I have searched, found and read numerous threads on this site about what oil to use, when to change it, break in procedures, etc., but I still have yet to run into a thread about how people are changing the oil in their machines. I used a CAT oil sample pump hooked up to a tiny little tube to take the oil out from the dipstick tube. Very tedious, time consuming and after having owned a 2007 VX Deluxe, a little frustrating. I mean, the oil filter location is way, way better than on the VX Deluxe, but is there no simpler, faster way to get the oil out of the engine in the VXR? Hell, I'd hate to have to attempt it if the engine was semi-cool... What's everyone's input on this?
    Not sure what a CAT oil sample pump is but I use a Mytyvac oil extractor I got from Northern Tools (love that place). I just pump it a few times which creates a vacuum in the spent oil tank. Then you stick the extracting tube down the dipstick tube and flip a switch and watch the oil get sucked into the tank. Real clean and easy.

How I change my oil is to check to make sure the oil is where it is suppose to be on the dip stick. If it's low I put in enough oil to bring it up to the proper level. Then I extract the oil as described above and I measure how much I took out in a clear milk jug I use for just that purpose. Then I pour out the jug of spent oil and fill it up to the same level with fresh oil and put it in the engine. You'll hardly spill a drop. I change the oil filter after I suck the oil out of the motor.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Same here with an oil extractor, I warm the engine up on the hose, I then lower the front of the ski all the way down on the trailer then I jack up the right side of the trailer as high as possible....I can remove a little over 3 quarts of oil......

+1
    what I do is take my oil extraxtor to the lake with me and when I get finished ridding for the day and ski is good and hot and on the trailer I get all the oil out and then finish the job ( changing filter/ refilling oil at home) this save running ski on a hose at home and the oil is really hot and comes out very easly. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    what I do is take my oil extraxtor to the lake with me and when I get finished ridding for the day and ski is good and hot and on the trailer I get all the oil out and then finish the job ( changing filter/ refilling oil at home) this save running ski on a hose at home and the oil is really hot and comes out very easly. Tommy Jordan
    How much do you get out that way?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    How much do you get out that way?
    3-3.5 qts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    3-3.5 qts.
    With it level sitting on the trailer?

Thread Information