2012 seadoo rxp-x storage tray

I'm picking up my new 2012 rxp-x tommorow and was wondering if it comes with a front storage tray or if you have to purchase one at an additional cost. Thanks in advance for the helpful responses.

+1
    It does not come with one mate, it has a good size compartment, but you have to buy the bucket, enjoy the new ski, you will love it!!

Can you store gear inside the front of it without the bucket? And if not do you think the storage tray is worth the added expense. Thanks for the quick response and I can't wait to ride it.

+1
    If you plan to store small/light item, better to put it in a bag.
    You don't want anything getting suck in the air intake.

Other than that, plenty room.

A vendor posted photos of his front storage and it ended up just being a bucket to the front storage dimensions.

I have been looking for the front storage waterproof compartment. I believe the RXT's have it or have it as an option. The 2012 RXP has the front storage as an option also if I remember correctly, I think that's the one I want to buy.

The SeaDoo one is a bucket that fits in the front storage area. It takes up the entire area. However it's not just a bucket, it has a lid which has a rubber gasket around it. Once closed there are 213 side tabs which come up the sides and fold over to lock it/squeeze it together (lid to bucket edge). That way it is 100% waterproof.

--- Anyone order the 2012 RXP's front storage optional part? Is it as described, like the RXT's front storage compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
    A vendor posted photos of his front storage and it ended up just being a bucket to the front storage dimensions.

I have been looking for the front storage waterproof compartment. I believe the RXT's have it or have it as an option. The 2012 RXP has the front storage as an option also if I remember correctly, I think that's the one I want to buy.

The SeaDoo one is a bucket that fits in the front storage area. It takes up the entire area. However it's not just a bucket, it has a lid which has a rubber gasket around it. Once closed there are 213 side tabs which come up the sides and fold over to lock it/squeeze it together (lid to bucket edge). That way it is 100% waterproof.

--- Anyone order the 2012 RXP's front storage optional part? Is it as described, like the RXT's front storage compartment?
    From the pictures that I have seen it looks like its just the tray with a handle attached, I ordered one from parkeryamaha that I should be getting soon and I will let you know. The 2011 rxt-x I know came standard with the completely water proof bucket storage.

+1
    The PX front bucket is just a drop in with a handle..No lid...

I prefer to not have a tray in the front of my ski since it makes it easier to shove a backpack or towels in there

Thread Information