Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Brand New Ultra 300x 0 Hours PROBLEM

Thought I would share this post with you guys. Just bought a 2012 ultra 300x cash out the door. Bring it home, remove the ugly warning stickers , put a fresh coat of wax on her too. Neighbor comes over and I decided to just give it a quick 2 second start to let him hear it. Immediately the starter starts grinding the flywheel, bendix whatever. Tried several more times and it still persisted with an awful metal grinding noise. Again 0 Hours.

As I drove back to dealer I called Kawasaki customer service and told them I wanted a case number and I do not want a 0 hour ski wrenched on PERIOD!! They told me the dealer has to diagnose problem and they gave me a case number. Upon arriving to dealer he said preliminary it appears the engine will have to come out to access what appears to be a starter problem.

I stressed and stressed that I just spent alot of money cash for a brand new ski that has 0 hours and I am not settling for nothing but a Brand new ski. I dont want any wrenches, sockets, scratches, people digging into a brand new ski with 0 hours. I paid for the arrival of an unmolested brand new ski and that is what I want. The dealer was very nice and said he will diagnose the official problem today and reach out to Kawasaki and make them aware that in fact it does have 0 hours and customer " me " is not settling for nothing except a brand new ski.

I will keep you posted, and I would imagine that most of you if you spent this kind of money on a brand new ski with 0 hours would take my position that you want a Mint condition un wrenched ski coming to your house?? Thanks..

Banned User
    +1
    It was wrenched when it was built. Let them fix the problem. Shit happens, that's why they come with a warranty. As long as they do no damage to the ski what's the problem? Just let them know up front you will not accept it with any scratches or damage up front so they are extra careful when they work on it. As long as it leaves their facility clean and working there is no problem. They will never give you a new ski, and it's unreasonable to expect them to.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    It was wrenched when it was built. Let them fix the problem. Shit happens, that's why they come with a warranty. As long as they do no damage to the ski what's the problem? Just let them know up front you will not accept it with any scratches or damage up front so they are extra careful when they work on it. As long as it leaves their facility clean and working there is no problem. They will never give you a new ski, and it's unreasonable to expect them to.
    I disagree 0 hrs zero use I would want a new ski as well. Sounds like a bad byndix gear.

+1
    Hell yeah I would want a new ski too. Most dealers have a bunch tards in the service department. It would make me ill if I were in the OP's situation.

Banned User
    +1
    Will the car dealer give you a new car if there is a problem with the car you just bought? No. So why is it reasonable to expect a new ski?

+1
    Your lucky Kawi isnt saying you modified or raced it..... just sayin

+1
    Will the car dealer give you a new car if there is a problem with the car you just bought? No. So why is it reasonable to expect a new ski?
    They sure as heck will. Ive been given a new vehicle after a years worth of issues. Thats called customer service.

I am getting my 2012 green Ultra 300x on 4/26. Hoping this kind of problem won't happen on mine.

I respect your opinion, however I strongly disagree. They can give this ski to another customer who doesnt know that it was wrenched and another customer who didnt have to wait a week or 2 for there 0 hour ski to come back to them fixed.

A brand new ski is just that. Brand new with all new undamaged parts working perfectly.

WTF I payed Cash out the door I should be able to return it and them give me another 1 and just transfer the paperwork over. They have not sent in the registration papers yet.

So it's good enough for someone else but not YOU...get over yourself.

You sound spoiled because you broke your toy...

(remember, it's just a toy and a means to enjoy the outdoors)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information