+1

2012 RXP-X New R&D Performance Air Filter Kit (photos)

Glenn from R&D sent me this kit. He said, "Seadoo improved their air hose under the engine a couple of years ago and it doesn't need to be replaced if, I was just going to do stage 1 mods and not mess with the supercharger then the Airbox is all that has to go. It sells for $199.00 which is cheaper than going the whole hose route. I already have the remote oil vapor cannister kit from RIVA so I will be blocking off that second hose fitting.

+1
    So this justs goes in place of air box? Is this going to be as good as the fizzle 4"?

Quote Originally Posted by C Doo View Post
    So this justs goes in place of air box? Is this going to be as good as the fizzle 4"?
    R&D makes great products, but this is not 4".

+1
    As I mentioned Glenn said as loong as I wasn't upgrading my supercharger, this was all that was needed. The stock lower hose is sufficient for the factory supercharger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    As I mentioned Glenn said as loong as I wasn't upgrading my supercharger, this was all that was needed. The stock lower hose is sufficient for the factory supercharger.
    I'm sorry but I have to take issue with that reasoning. The entire factory air system is fine for the stock supercharger. It'll probably even work with a high level of mods. How much performance gain is the real name of the game.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to take issue with that reasoning. The entire factory air system is fine for the stock supercharger. It'll probably even work with a high level of mods. How much performance gain is the real name of the game.
    Thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Well having removed the factory Air box I can see where it will limit flow. The factory tubing is 3" and smooth, so it looks just fine for limited or stage 1 mods. Rode it and it seems to pull harder and it climbs quicker to 70ish and tops out at 72mph GPS verified. This is fine with me now a stage 1 ECU program and 75MPH and I'm done! This after all 1.5 liters right, ia motor after is just all big air pump, my 6.7 Liter LS3 Stroker turns 7200 rpm and only has a 4" intake!
    Glenns point was for Stage 1 Mods the factory air hose will not be the limiting factory in making power, he wasn't going to sell me something just to make money and not make more power!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    Well having removed the factory Air box I can see where it will limit flow. The factory tubing is 3" and smooth, so it looks just fine for limited or stage 1 mods. Rode it and it seems to pull harder and it climbs quicker to 70ish and tops out at 72mph GPS verified. This is fine with me now a stage 1 ECU program and 75MPH and I'm done! This after all 1.5 liters right, ia motor after is just all big air pump, my 6.7 Liter LS3 Stroker turns 7200 rpm and only has a 4" intake!
    Glenns point was for Stage 1 Mods the factory air hose will not be the limiting factory in making power, he wasn't going to sell me something just to make money and not make more power!
    I guess my point is the word "limit" in this case is relative. It's not like you would harm the ski if you left the entire stock system in. And you would gain more performance by getting even more air than you have now. Maybe I was arguing semantics but that was all I was trying to get at. Any option from stock to rear air and anything in between will be "enough" for the factory supercharger. Your ski will be fine!

What is the ID of the stock intake tubing?

Andy

Thread Information