Another noob with oil ??? Please help !

What up fellas I'm new to pwc and 2 strokes so here are my questions...
    i have a 96 xp wit oil block off so I need to premix my gas and oil the previous owner was using seadoo xps oil...there is still a few gallons of gas in the ski I want to start using the quicksilver oil! Can I just premix 5 gallons of gas with the quick silver an ad it to my ski ? Or do I need to drain or run the ski till empty and THEN add the new gas with different oil brand? Is there anything else I need to do when switching oil brands ? Do I need to change some sort or fuel or oil filter ?

So far what I'm planning on doing is running the ski till its empty once its empty I'll prep 2 5 gallon tanks with the quicksilver oil and pour it into my ski and hit the water again ! Is this the correct way or am I missing a step ?

Another question the ratio is 40:1 how many ounces of oil is that for every gallon of gas ? I'm going to be mixing In 5 gallon fuel tanks so how many ounces for each 5 gallon tank ??

I apologize for all the newbie questions I just dnt want to ruin my fresh motor for a newbie mistake !! And I've used the search bar but I would just like a simple direct answer for my exact questions lol I've gotten more confused after just reading and reading
    all help is greatly appreciated. !! Thanks in advance fellas !

Dam noboddy seriously ?!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    run it till its empty or close to it then fill it up. mix the gas/oil first before fueling. as for the ratio you can go to the hardware store and get the little weed eater oil mix. that little bottle is 40:1 and for one gallon to make it easy.

Thanks a lot airbornxp ! Appreciate it

buy a ratio rite and save the hastle. every ratio known to man is on it and you can mix .5,1,1.5, and 2 gal at a time. before switching back to injection my xpl i would almost fill my tank up with gas, then put the oil in. once i got on the water and i would rock the ski back and forth to get it mixed up.

Thread Information