Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

more than one year from a battery ?

99 zxi 1100 and new battery last year, wet cell es16b from wallyworld lasted 56 weeks and dead, charged during storage through off season.

recommend a good battery for 2 year use under $100.00 ? if possible !

Banned User
    +1
    Get the Odyssey PC625 for around 110 bucks. I believe it has a 3 year warranty and should last longer than that. Also has a lot more zip than the standard wet batteries. I have one and will never buy anything else again.

+1
    O'Reilly's Auto Parts sells some batteries that have real battery terminals, not those stupid little cages that you put a nut into. You can make it last a long time if you put a trickle charger with a timer on it and charge for 15 minutes per day. My original Yuasa battery lasted 9 years!

Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Get the Odyssey PC625 for around 110 bucks. I believe it has a 3 year warranty and should last longer than that. Also has a lot more zip than the standard wet batteries. I have one and will never buy anything else again.
    +1 got one of these and am on my 7th season. I put mine on a charger/maintaner every winter.

+1
    we sell sealed AGM batteries here. i have personally had them last 8 yrs.

i believe your kawi should have the 20 series.

here is a link to see / order if you want;
    http://watcon.com/Catalog_Pages/Batteries.htm

called oreilly's they stated 90 day warranty and $95.00 otd so thier out, i did charge the one i have in it but still dead so i am gona get off the do-fer list with wally world, odyssey states 2 year warr and still under 100 so may go that route.

anybody used a batt from Powerstar batt co ? http://www.amazon.com/YB16CL-B-BATTE...=1AK1ULBV4N0UX

whats the warranty on your batts john ?

Most batterys only have a limited warranty-The cheaper battery you buy the more often you will replace it,Also the less cranking amps you will have..i would spend the $85 at Watcon/or buy the Odyssey..It will cost you less in the long run..

I have one of the AGM battery's John posted & it has been excellent for the past 2 seasons..i do maintain it during the winter months but barely ever needed longer than 30 minutes on the charger(at 2 amps)..Great battery!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
    anybody used a batt from Powerstar batt co ? http://www.amazon.com/YB16CL-B-BATTE...=1AK1ULBV4N0UX
    That one has the crappy terminals that will twist and break off--or you drop the nut down in the bottom of the hull.

does anybody keep a charger mounted inside the hull thats plug and play ?

+1
    What About those of us who live in south Florida & don't have 2 worry about winterizing, basically year round riding. Should we trickle charge every now a then if we go couple of weeks w/out riding

Quote Originally Posted by stubburnjdh View Post
    +1 got one of these and am on my 7th season. I put mine on a charger/maintaner every winter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information