Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone have the Odyssey battery in their ski?

My battery is starting to fade a bit and I'm thinking of going to the Odyessey PC625 for my SHO. Anyone have any experience with it?

+1
    Best battery ever IMO had zero issues end of season make sure it has full charge pull it store it and put back in the beginning of season and start the ski right up third season for me...

+1
    I run them in all my skis. It's the first mod I do.

Banned User
    +1
    Buy it and don't look back

I picked up two a couple years back for use with a TL setup and would not reccomend them to anyone. One snapped off the positive terminal the very first time I installed it. They said I over torqued it but that is BS. I know my strength and I know what I'm doing; I barely snugged it up and it snapped. The second one lasted a couple years before a cell broke loose and it stopped working. Better than average service IMO but hard to swallow them not standing behind their product.

I will only buy Yuassa or DEKA AGM batteries now. I run the small 9lb DEKA ETX-9 in all my skis, (reccomend the ETX-16 for sitdowns).

+1
    I retired mine this year after 7 seasons of use. I bought it in 2004 for my 03 gpr. Then swapped it over to the 06 gpr in 06. Then on to the fz in 09. It was still good last season, but would lose quite a bit of charge in a month if unused. If used weekly, you couldn't tell it was 7 years old.

I recently snagged another new odyssey off ebay for $60/shipped. That will be it's replacement.

I use them all the time with no troubles. If you snapped off a terminal you torqued it down too much. I also run all two stroke skis total loss with no problems. I would NEVER EVER use a deka battery again on my life and Yuassa??????? Companies still make liquid batteries, WHO BUYS THEM????? lol.

+1
    I have them in both my GPR & SHO & they've been great. The one in my GPR is 5 years old & until recently would hold a strong charge for at least 3-4 months. It's starting to show its age but is still good to sit for a month or two without a charge. 20 minutes on the charger & it's good as new though.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD Solutions View Post
    I picked up two a couple years back for use with a TL setup and would not reccomend them to anyone. One snapped off the positive terminal the very first time I installed it. They said I over torqued it but that is BS. I know my strength and I know what I'm doing; I barely snugged it up and it snapped. The second one lasted a couple years before a cell broke loose and it stopped working. Better than average service IMO but hard to swallow them not standing behind their product.

I will only buy Yuassa or DEKA AGM batteries now. I run the small 9lb DEKA ETX-9 in all my skis, (reccomend the ETX-16 for sitdowns).
    I've had a few people tell me they had the same issue with Odysseys shorting while wave jumping. I've heard the reason is the plates aren't anchored on the bottom & can slap together from a hard vertical landing. I'm thinking of trying one of the lightweight Ballistic EVO2's when it's time for an upgrade in the SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    If you snapped off a terminal you torqued it down too much.
    That was their take too. And a common problem with their batteries so I understand their ruling however that was not the case in my situation. I spun the nut down by hand and then tightened it with a stubby 10mm. I hadn't even turned it a 1/4 turn and it popped. Obviously I exceeded the torque of that particular stud but the other battery took far more torque for many years after. That particular battery had a warranty issue and they refused to cover it and lost my business for life, plain and simple.

Yuassa makes AGM batteries as well and some of their original ones were very well built.

Odyssey does make a good battery but as mentioned earlier, the plates can come loose from impact so they may not be the best for big wave jumpers.

I was about to buy one this afternoon but held off because of the different style of battery terminal. It had a side mount attachment to hook up terminals as well as the vertical posts. It looked like that attachment might bother the cable when using the vertical posts or maybe even stick up too far. Will this work or will I need to modify it? 2000 yamaha suv.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information