Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Checking SC slip (on the motor) - not in FAQ section??

Okay, I know this is a basic and regular thing to check, but I've never done it before. And I always thought there was a FAQ write-up/sticky on this, but I'm not seeing it. I did a search but Im getting threads on the general discussion of checking slip.
    I've never done this before since I ran my SC so long before that I simply pulled it off and sent it to Jerry for a rebuild back in Nov.....over the past 6-8 trips out, I've been getting more and more suspicious that my SC isnt holding the slip settings it had from Jerry.

Which way is easier to check slip....on or off of the motor? I'd prefer to leave it on, but as mentioned, Im not finding a "how-to" sticky that I thought i'd seen in the past.

Thanks,
    sean

+1
    Have you seen these?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78668

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138822

BTW, you oughta try to make it to the Impros "Blythe Bound Smack Down" on may 19.. Have miles of river & a Buoy course to play on at any time.
    http://www.socalwatercraftclub.com/f...ead.php?t=3108

Thanks for those links....yea Ive been reading through a bunch of old threads. Man, guys are buying $200 torque wrenches and other special tools, just to check slip!!
    No wonder some people simply pull them off and mail to Jerry just for slip services!

I have 2 torque wrenches now...but neither are digital. I dont think I'll be buying a 3rd torque wrench at $200 only to check occassional slip.

So I'm triple-checking some of these threads....I would need a $200 digital torque wrench PLUS $100 in special tools, JUST to check slip????
    I's FAR from needing a rebuild....Just need to check slip and probably have to re-set the slip.

Can someone PLEASE guide me with further details on the broomstick method of just checking the slip????? Something about wedging the impeller with broomstick....then what next? I refuse to spend $300 just to CHECK slip.

Thanks!

+1
    Just put the camlock tool in.
    Presumed you have one.
    Then check your slip.I use a smaller model torque wrench,because it's pretty tight inside the hull.
    Don't need a 200$ wrench,checking slip has nothing to do with rocket science,don't need an expensive wrench to do this.
    But the more you remove the supercharger the faster you get doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Don't need a 200$ wrench,checking slip has nothing to do with rocket science,don't need an expensive wrench to do this.
    Yes, not rocket science....which is why I'm pushing to go with broomstick method. But yes, lack of room in the hull is a problem and so is my big ass waterbox when it comes to pulling the SC.

No cam-lock tool. I just want to check and confirm my slip (for immediate time satisfaction) so that I dont lose more sleep thinking my performance could be anything else. I know my ski well and Im pretty sure its just my slip....I just want to shove a broom up the ski's ass to and get a quick answer to my current slip setting.

+1
    Ebay has dial torque wrenches which is where I bought mine for cheap. If you want to leave your SC in & don't have a cam lock tool use a 5/16 drill bit to lock it down. Also, What some guys do with the SC out & I have done before is fold up a shop rag or small towel 3 times or so long ways & wrap it around the clutch gear & put the SC in a vise and the rag will cushion the gears while still holding the clutch tight, turn the T-wrench counter clockwise and read the slip.

Ebay T wrenches.. You want the 3/8" with a memory dial.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/6545-Proto-6...#ht_3063wt_921

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...at=0&_from=R40

+1
    I don't like the idea of shoving a broom stick in the back of my ski.
    Might work,but since you have to remove all the hoses anyway,how much extra work is it to remove the charger after this.
    I always like to check my bearings to,just as important as the slip!
    In the future a cam locking tool might be handy.
    But if you really need to know,just use the broom,take care of not damaging the wearring doing this

+1
    One more thing about taking out the SC to check slip like Rich said, inspect the hell out of it & get to know it better, LOL.. It might save you from a Bad day!

Here's why..
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139560

Im sure my charger is fine except for probably the slip. Jerry just rebuilt it in Nov with viton seal and mcmaster washers. Also, he told me he set the slip at 15lbs.

I'm going to look into the Blythe event. I love the waters out here! But I've only been as far south as Parker, AZ with the ski. I'd like to see even further

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information