Poquoson Virginia

Fins, Feathers, Fish And A Talk

I went fishing from my rigged up jet ski on Friday afternoon and Saturday most of the day. Today is the last day of Tautog fishing till fall here in Virginia so I wanted to get out and catch some and use up the last of my fiddlers that I had caught a couple weeks ago.
    I fished many Piles of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel and caught over twenty Togs using live fiddlers for bait. Not a lot of big ones but I did manage some keepers up to 19 inches. I saw the falcons off of the High Rise and lots of Dophins. Many of the people I saw were catching as well.
    Saturday I set up and fished for Red Drum off of the Shoals by Cape Charles Light but only caught a couple Dog Sharks.

I have been invited to give a talk on Tuesday the 17th at the Peninsula Salt Water Sport Fisherman's Association.
    Here is what they wrote in their news letter;

"Our meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month (March-
    December) at 7:00pm at the Plumbers & Steamfitters Local Union 540, 7812
    Warwick Boulevard, Newport News, VA 23607, across the street from the
    Peninsula YMCA. The meetings are free and open to the public. You even get
    a free raffle ticket. For a map on how to get there, go to We have an exciting club meeting planned
    for April 17. “Jet Ski” Brian Lockwood will be our featured speaker. His topic
    will not be about fishing from a jet ski or on how to take amazing photographs.
    Both topics that Brian is expert on but this time Brian will be talking to us
    about what to do with your catch. The plan is for more than just “talking” with
    actual seafood preparation as part of the presentation. This will be a great
    meeting to bring the family to. "

I am going to be joined by Chad of Berret's Seafood Resturant in Williamsburg Virginia.
    Chad is going to help me put some Tautog together for everyone to try. I will do a brief
    power point on some other methods to cook your catch. Berret's also donated a gift certificate
    for lunch for two at either Berret's or River Walk Restaurant in Yorktown. It will be part of the raffles.

Here are some pictures from the last two days. Not only do I feed my family but I also recycle the fish scraps
    for crab bait, cat and bird food.

Slidell, La.
    Great work as always. Congrats on your invitation to speak as'll HAVE to take a little time to share a few pics of your ski and methods to fishing as well. By far, it's definitely a feather in your cap and something alot of individuals would be interested in hearing and seeing.

Thread Information