Lake Superior trip is set - 1300 miles

WE have four guys doing this trip. Should be a real test for the RXP.

I think there is enough of a gimmick with this trip (Novelty), that we think we might be able to get a few sponsors. Anyone have any advice on getting sponsors to give us a few bucks for the trip to help cover expenses?

I will start with Jerry, maybe we could put a big 4techperformance sticker on our boats? and have Jerry sponsor us!!

Seriously though, any advice to get sponsors would be great! This will be a costly trip, and if we can offest some of the expense and provide value to potential sponsors, it might be a win-win situation for both parties
    Last edited by Jeff C; 01-16-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C View Post
    WE have four guys doing this trip. Should be a real test for the RXP.

I think there is enough of a gimmick with this trip (Novelty), that we think we might be able to get a few sponsors. Anyone have any advice on getting sponsors to give us a few bucks for the trip to help cover expenses?

I will start with Jerry, maybe we could put a big 4techperformance sticker on our boats? and have Jerry sponsor us!!

Seriously though, any advice to get sponsors would be great! This will be a costly trip, and if we can offest some of the expense and provide value to potential sponsors, it might be a win-win situation for both parties
    would you tell me more about this trip?

Pet:

This is a trip we are planning on July 8th, 2007. Leaving Superior, WI and going clockwise around Lake Superior. We have done two shorter trips from Superior to Grand Portage, MN (About 350 miles round trip).

As you can imagine, logistics can be a real challenge especially when you get into Canadian waters and fuel stops are 150+ miles apart. We are researching facilities, lodging, camping, communications etc, etc etc. We will do it safely or not at all.

We have 3-4 of us doing this trip right now, and with 1300 miles, one can only expect to average 200 miles per day (at the most) on that Lake. The waves can be real big and slow our progress significantly. If you do not have following seas, things slow down even more.

We are expecting a 10-12 day trip to make it around the entire lake. With an RXP I will needing to build a platform on the back of the ski to take along 15 gallons of fuel as reserve.

i guess i have to talk to my wife about this tripp ,...

Are you guys going to have a chase boat?

Around the Giant

I know the waters there very well. I'm interested but I'll have to get a different boat, my Stage III is too tempermental. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll ask Mark for a sponsored boat that will not break. I'm serious about doing this so PM me please.

Quote Originally Posted by smc View Post
    I know the waters there very well. I'm interested but I'll have to get a different boat, my Stage III is too tempermental. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll ask Mark for a sponsored boat that will not break. I'm serious about doing this so PM me please.
    Your stage III would not be a good choice for the trip.

Lurker, we had no plans for a chase boat. We are working out the details of what we do if we have a burn down half way around the lake.

Jeff, that what I was saying, what boat would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by smc View Post
    Jeff, that what I was saying, what boat would you suggest?
    The guy that I went on the last few trips has a GTX-DI and it is amazing on fuel economy, plus I think it has a bigger tank than 16 gallons that our RXP's have.

It was much better in the rough stuff than my RXP as well, with how the waves were setting up on the last trip......

Thread Information