Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Finishing my FZS build

Im just about at the end of my FZS build.I was going for the most speed I could get with a stock ECU and SC wheel.So far I have a tiny tach, jims VX plate,R&D grate with seal kit,riva power filter,fizzle intercooler with dedicated cooling line and goco filter,HKS bov,riva manifold upgrade,FF exaust.Then I was buttoning at up and I didnt like the way my water box was lookin at me so I pulled it out and cut the baffle out making it a short box.The seat cover is in the mail then its time to test it!I havent seen much on the modified OEM water box to a short box so If anyone can give me some input on if it will give me any better performance or how it will sound would be cool.Also after the test run im going to get a new prop,as im expecting to be hitting the limiter.So any prop suggestion would also be appreciated.Thanks

LIVING THE DREAM IN KEY WEST FLORIDA pcorpion's Avatar
    don't cheat yourself , treat yourself with the r&d reflash your going to need it antyways.but what do i know iam new to the jet ski world myself

+1
    Why would I need it? Is there somthing about my set up that needs a reflash?

ya dude you will see your going to rob yourself without it always on the limiter.dont cheat your self its a must have in the long run yull see r&d r3 reflash .

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pcorpion View Post
    ya dude you will see your going to rob yourself without it always on the limiter.dont cheat your self its a must have in the long run yull see r&d r3 reflash .
    B-b-b-b-b-b-BOOST limiter!!!!

2010 Fzs with almost exact same mods, Solas 13/22r prop needed will run 69 anytime 72 plus on good air days, don't buy in on reflash you can run on regular gas and they can't.

yes get R2 or R3 for sure

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1812fzs View Post
    2010 Fzs with almost exact same mods, Solas 13/22r prop needed will run 69 anytime 72 plus on good air days, don't buy in on reflash you can run on regular gas and they can't.
    I had the R1 flash in my ski for a whole year running stock wheel and ran 87 and 89. Never a problem.

Sounds like you don't know shit about the reflash guy

+1
    That is not true. There are some variables that will go into what you can and can't get away with fuel wise. If the OP sticks with stock boost levels, he would be able to run 87oct with an R3 reflash. I would just be smart about it and use common sense with the WOT pulls as it is not recommend to use 87oct but those are usually conservative warnings from companies but if you are smart about it, you can get away with quite a bit as the ecu and fuel system is pretty resiliant. Now if the OP starts ramping up the boost, now he needs to step up to 91-93oct while keeping the same in mind with the WOT pulls. There will be a point where the boost level will require additional fuel assistance from either a powershot, FPR or something of that nature but can still be safe on pump fuel. Then there will be a point where the forced induction will exceed the octane flashpoint and rate of burn where increased octane levels are needed but from what you see on the forums is somewhere above the 16+ lb. range. You can even get away with pump gas on mods such as mine in my sig so not sure where you got your info from but you may want to rethink or elaborate on your post.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information