Damaged 2011 FZS hull while driving on an EZ-Port?

My son loaded our new FZS onto our floating dock (EZ-Port 3) and damaged above and below the front tie down loop. I did not see it so not sure how hard he hit. He did admit is was not a great landing but state he has loaded our 2006 Sea Doo equally as hard many times.

So my question: Is the Nanotechnology hull a little weak or brittle? I love the ski but frustrated that I need it to be repaired with 6 hours on it. Feedback greatly appreciated.

+1
    I wouldn't really say nanoxcel is "Weak or brittle". No matter what ski you have-- yamaha, kawi, seadoo-- if you run it hard onto a floating dock you are asking for trouble IMO. I do agree it sucks you have to get it fixed with only 6 hours, but any ski should be idled onto a dock/ trailer and then pulled up the rest of the way, you shouldn't be hitting the dock "hard".

Post a picture of the damage if you don't mind.

I've put my NanoXcel hulled FXHO on and off an easy port 100s of times for the past 3 years with no damage...........well I guess I shouldn't say no damage. It does scuff up the keel. You might want to check the roller at the end of the dock. If it comes loose or the coating comes off it that may cause some damage.

+1
    I have been on and off my EZ port with my FX and FZS 100 of times with no trouble or damage.
    Scuffing yes but no Nano hull damage to the fzs or SMC damage to the old FX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Familycat View Post
    My son loaded our new FZS onto our floating dock (EZ-Port 3) and damaged above and below the front tie down loop. I did not see it so not sure how hard he hit. He did admit is was not a great landing but state he has loaded our 2006 Sea Doo equally as hard many times.
    My kids have knocked the crap out of the trailer a few times, it's easy to do. Several times I thought there must have been some cracks, but fortunately zero damage to the Nano so far.

Tell Junior he needs to slow down when he gets near the dock; here's some homework for him, and make sure you give him a test on this stuff afterward...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93951

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0056.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	269030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0057.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	269031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR0060.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	269032

Pics taken with Go Pro. Pretty difficult to see but all I have until I get back upto the houseboat.

That's all the way up at the bow eye. It seems high on the hull for damage from putting it on the dock. I wonder if he put it on too fast and over shot the dock and hit whatever was on the other end. My daughter did that one time on my ski and ripped the bumper loose.

+1
    bow eye still on ? it the eye secure. looks like basic body damage, I have seen much worse at World finals and Ski is back to new in a fer hours . Just use epoxy based product for repair.

Pics taken with Go Pro. Pretty difficult to see but all I have until I get back upto the houseboat.

Sorry to say, but this was not from idling up to the dock. No way that happened without some speed to go with it. I hand load my VXR on the trailer now bcause the water is still cold, but will not come in hot to load after the water warms up. Idling should be more than enough. To apply throttle after it has made contact is a different story.

+1

While annoying, you will be all set with a little Rapid Set Marine Tex and 10 minutes of your time.

Thread Information