Reduce cavitation VXR?

My 2011 VXR is bone stock right now, I plan on keeping it mostly stock for now, definitely not interested in flashing CPU, etc. I have it for fun, not speed.

Is adding these two products the best way to reduce cavitation on a stock VXR (mainly at low speeds)?
    - R&D pump cone @ http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1710
    - R&D pump seal for stock grate @ http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1705

It seems to me that those two products for $165 will dramatically reduce cavitation. Who here has those products installed on stock WR's and how good are they? Boy, when you shop on Amazon.com a lot, the lack of reviews on other e-commerce sites is a bit of a let-down

+1
    If you are having issues bone stock I think you have an issue somewhere else ... My ski jumps out of the water (damn near all the way) from a dead stop and it's stock. No cavitation what so ever.

Maybe check for wear on the ring??

Quote Originally Posted by CougarKiller View Post
    If you are having issues bone stock I think you have an issue somewhere else ... My ski jumps out of the water (damn near all the way) from a dead stop and it's stock. No cavitation what so ever.

Maybe check for wear on the ring??

Agreed, I have 2 VXS and they both will dam near launch my 250lbs ass out of the water and will shoot my 140lb son right out if he doesn't lean way forward on launch. I've had no cavitation issues with either of them and they are both bone stock.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
    My 2011 VXR is bone stock right now, I plan on keeping it mostly stock for now, definitely not interested in flashing CPU, etc. I have it for fun, not speed.

Is adding these two products the best way to reduce cavitation on a stock VXR (mainly at low speeds)?
    - R&D pump cone @ http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1710
    - R&D pump seal for stock grate @ http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1705

It seems to me that those two products for $165 will dramatically reduce cavitation. Who here has those products installed on stock WR's and how good are they? Boy, when you shop on Amazon.com a lot, the lack of reviews on other e-commerce sites is a bit of a let-down
    How many hours on the ski and have you had any mishaps like sucking anything through the pump....?

Oh, it doesn't do it all the time, as in at every launch, I'm talking when the water is a bit bumpy, as in "normal" cavitation times. I was just wondering if I could reduce the cavitation.

14 hours or so on it...

+1
    Intake grate, TBM super cone, grate plug kit,Transom mod.

+1
    what sort of place you ride in ? check impeller and ring ..

I'm hoping to get on the water next week, I'll see how she is, I haven't ridden it since October.

Thread Information