+1

XLT1200 bow eye too tight...any options?

Right now I'm using a standard hook on the winch strap which is almost impossible to attach. I'm going to replace it with a fabric loop type pwc strap so no problem there. But I can barely squeeze the safety chain through there. I suppose I could rig something up, but is there another bow eye (not technically a bow eye) that's larger that's known to fit?

Thanks!

Use the PWC winch strap and then put the safety chain through the loop at the base of the hook on the safety strap. If your are doing a long road trip I unscrew the 2 10mm nuts inside the hull to loosen the bow loop and put the chain directly to the bow loop and then retighten it up. It will never fall off.
    Also I added a small piece of rubber hose to the S hook on the safety strap so it doesnt scratch anything......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Use the PWC winch strap and then put the safety chain through the loop at the base of the hook on the safety strap. If your are doing a long road trip I unscrew the 2 10mm nuts inside the hull to loosen the bow loop and put the chain directly to the bow loop and then retighten it up. It will never fall off.
    Also I added a small piece of rubber hose to the S hook on the safety strap so it doesnt scratch anything......
    That'll work, thanks!

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334715575.349293.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	269086

Are these the nuts you're referring too? That doesn't look very convenient. Top ones visible but covered in goo, bottom ones under all that...well...other goo.

wow I have never seen them covered like that before.....looks to be the ones. i will try to take a pic of mine for ya tomorrow

+1
    I think it would be nice to tool up a new stainless eye that would bow out a bit to make hookup easier. I lock mine on the shore station and its tough to get a lock up in that tight spot. Humm, sounds like "another" project.

+1
    I'd be up for one of those myself. I've looked all over and can't find a replacement. The GPR has allen heads on them so you can take it off from the outside, no such luck on the XLT. Not sure why they felt the need to make that some darn tight.

The entire hull has that green stuff gooped on like that. When I tried installing the rear step I had the same problem. That ski uses metal backing plates in side the hull and of course after I drilled the holes, guess what was right in the middle. Someone got a little sloppy that day I guess.

looks like they used way to much sealant on yours!

+1
    Geez, I guess so!

Thread Information