New owner questions

I am a new owner of a 2007 180 Challenger SE with a 215 HP engine that has 80 hours of use. When I get something new to me, I like to do a complete visual inspection of it. The first thing I question is a what looks to be a small brass hose port on the upper side of the Throttle Body intake. I can not find any hose laying in the engine bay and wondered if anyone knows what is the purpose of this port. See picture below
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001182a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	269037

My second question is in the intake area of the drive unit, just before the impeller. There seems to be a considerable amount of silicone sealant that has oozed and hardened at the joint between the drive housing and the hull, is this normal? See the picture below with intake grate removed. The number 1 area is about a half inch bump and covers almost the whole upper half of the joint. The number 2 area is about an inch deep and it is about 2 inches wide. This sealant seems to me to be a restriction to the flow to the impeller. I think I should remove the exposed sealant and that would increase my top speed. My top speed is now 47 mph. Is this normal?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001179a.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	269036

My third question is a problem I caused. While removing the intake grate above, the front bolt that attaches to the hull seemed to strip. The bolt looks Ok, it seems to be the female end in the hull that stripped. The three smaller bolts on the back of the grate removed OK. The attachment point in the hull of this stripped fastener is under the engine. I can reach under the engine and I feel a glob of silicone caulking. My question is, does anyone know what kind of fastener it is and how do I replace it. Looking up into the hole from below it seems to look like aluminum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    Pic 1 is a fogging port on the throttle body, on the later years...

Pic 2, I would remove all the silicone, looks like someone resealed it and used way too much silicone

Thanks Tiny,
    Do you know if the fogging port should have a hose cap on it to seal it when not in use?

I had to remove my instake grate when I had gotten a large sea shell stuck in the impeller on suction side. When I Tried to remove the one bolt you mentioned it broke off into the boat. I was able to get off the grate but then I had a broken bolt in boat that I needed to remove before putting grate back. I too found a glob of silicone on inside of hull. I was able to remove all the glob and seen a ss nut welded to a plate that was inbedded into the fiberglass. The broken bolt was sticking up and I was able to get some vice grips and screw out the bolt and from the hull side. I then got a new ss bolt reattached my grate. I then put a glob of silcone back on the nut and bolt. All is running well 2 years later.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Piper2010 View Post
    I had to remove my instake grate when I had gotten a large sea shell stuck in the impeller on suction side. When I Tried to remove the one bolt you mentioned it broke off into the boat. I was able to get off the grate but then I had a broken bolt in boat that I needed to remove before putting grate back. I too found a glob of silicone on inside of hull. I was able to remove all the glob and seen a ss nut welded to a plate that was inbedded into the fiberglass. The broken bolt was sticking up and I was able to get some vice grips and screw out the bolt and from the hull side. I then got a new ss bolt reattached my grate. I then put a glob of silcone back on the nut and bolt. All is running well 2 years later.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks, I will try to re-tap some new threads in the hull and install a larger bolt with anti-seize.

Thread Information