+1

Business Website & Email Help

Getting ready to revamp my bad website from the previous owner of my business and was wondering if there are other services that are as good or better than godaddy.com to handle hosting and website development? Are there ones that I should avoid? I plan on building this website myself. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello there! For our business (www.thejetskistore.com), we have used InMotion Hosting - I also run several personal websites off of their hosting. We've been with them for a couple 2-3 years now, very little outages, if any.

What kind of things are you looking to do with it? If you're planning on doing a regular website minus sales, I would totally look into using wordpress as a plug in (excellent for redirecting pages/links, blogging, etc). We're currently using OpenCart for our sales right now.

+1
    S-Dude, I just built a "PWC" site myself. A friend sent me a very user friendly program called Coffee Cup. Nothing elaborate, but you can see what I've done via that software here: http://pwctrailfinder.com/

Of course, my site sells nothing but it's not a "forum" either, even though it's all about sharing information. I've been using GoDaddy since I turned the switch to "on" and I haven't had any type of issues (as of yet).

By the way, I'd be glad to get any User Generated Content (ie "trails") from either of you two posters above... I'm yet to have anything for Florida and that state must be the Mecca for PWC riding.

Good luck, Eric. Let me know if I can help in any way.

For Email use www.appriver.com

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaebyTJSS View Post
    Hello there! For our business (www.thejetskistore.com), we have used InMotion Hosting - I also run several personal websites off of their hosting. We've been with them for a couple 2-3 years now, very little outages, if any.

What kind of things are you looking to do with it? If you're planning on doing a regular website minus sales, I would totally look into using wordpress as a plug in (excellent for redirecting pages/links, blogging, etc). We're currently using OpenCart for our sales right now.
    Thanks, I like your site and will research it further. I am looking for shopping cart site.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    S-Dude, I just built a "PWC" site myself. A friend sent me a very user friendly program called Coffee Cup. Nothing elaborate, but you can see what I've done via that software here: http://pwctrailfinder.com/

Of course, my site sells nothing but it's not a "forum" either, even though it's all about sharing information. I've been using GoDaddy since I turned the switch to "on" and I haven't had any type of issues (as of yet).

By the way, I'd be glad to get any User Generated Content (ie "trails") from either of you two posters above... I'm yet to have anything for Florida and that state must be the Mecca for PWC riding.

Good luck, Eric. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Thanks Billy...I saw your site, it's nice, but I need a shopping cart site

I will probably be doing K River this weekend, you want 30 miles of twisties to upload? How would I go about doing that?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Thanks Billy...I saw your site, it's nice, but I need a shopping cart site

I will probably be doing K River this weekend, you want 30 miles of twisties to upload? How would I go about doing that?
    Yeah, IDK anything about the sales side of a website...

About the K River Run, you can either email me the file right off your GPS or whatever file you look at on your PC: .gdb, Google Earth KMZ or KML. I can basically convert anything you can send. Send it via the link at the bottom of the "About Us" page on the site unless you already have my email. Thanks, Eric. I've been hoping that one of you SoFL Riders would accommodate me from down there.

That will give me 5 states in my first month: LA, MS, FL, NY, and CT.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    Thanks, I like your site and will research it further. I am looking for shopping cart site.
    Well we spent 30k on a Magento program that has been crap for a year with no CS. We are looking to switch to Shopify in the next week. If you have a store its the quickest and easier way to go-especially with 24/7 cs

+1
    http://www.shopify.com/tour/sell-online

For email we use smartermail.com

Thread Information