+1

Startup new MSX 150 motor?

Newbe to the board.
    Long story short, I bought a basket case brand new 2007 14ft Sugar Sand boat that has the same Weber motor as the 2004 Polaris MSX150, and this is the only place I have found that has any tech support, so here I am. Sugar Sand closed the doors in 2007, so I would guess the motor is a 2007 Weber model. The motor is totally new, and I was told it was started and runs. When I check the oil in the tank it is completely empty, I even stuck a long rod through the baffle to the bottom, and still no oil. The oil tank looks like the Polaris upgraded unit.
    So my question is, should I have some oil in the tank or does the oil drain back into the dry sump pan? It has been sitting for 3 years, mostly garaged.
    I am assembling the pump, wiring harness, fuel lines, etc, and want to fire this thing up to make sure it runs before going much further. The manual says that to check oil, start the motor for 30 seconds, then shut off and you should see oil on the stick, but I want to make sure it has oil first. Where can I test for oil inside the motor? I have read on the forum that over filling is a bad thing, so I donít want to do that either. I also read somewhere that the manual is wrong for checking oil, so is there instructions for doing it correctly.
    Thanks for any help you can provide me.
    Rockie

+1
    Welcome

Pull the plugs and wind it over for 20 seconds, this will transfer oil from the 'sump' to the oil reserviour.

if you are still unsure how much oil is in there serch oil change and remove what is in there anf fill it back up. after 3 years probably not a bad idea anyway.

cheers

+1
    Thanks for the idea of pulling the plugs. I bought a 5qt jug of Mobil 1 15-50 the other day for this, so I will be changing it out. I plan on getting the battery in it this weekend, changing the oil, then try to start with the water hose ready to turn on if it fires. Any idea where the right/good place to put the flush kit is at, for the water hose?
    Last edited by rockien; 04-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.

+1
    I pulled the plugs and coil plugs and spun it over to change the oil. It was a pretty easy thing to do. Once I got it all back together, I wired up the fuel pump and tried to start it, but it wouldn't fire at all. I had to change the O-ring on the fuel pressure regulator because it was leaking fuel. I pulled the plugs and they were dry, so the injectors are not firing. It has been sitting for 4 years without being ran. I didn't check the fuel pressure, but it has high pressure. Does anyone know what the fuel pressure is supposed to be on this? I read the other thread about the battery being low, so I might need to charge that. I pulled the injectors and took them to a shop up the street from my work that cleans and flow tests injectors, so we will see what he says at the end of the day. FYI I was only getting about 7.5 volts on the injectors when cranking. What should it be?
    Thanks, Rockie

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the hulk, neat toy there. WEBER GUY is Randy, he will have any parts you might need for the Weber. I'm not well versed on the 150 like Kosh and a few others are. But these couple of links might help you alot.

Check the links on this page carefully, alot of good info. http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....c-on-the-water And this one. http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....10-and-msx-150

+1
    Thanks for the links Keddano, I got my injectors back from the mechanic and he said they were just really gummed up and he had to flush/clean them 5 time to get them to start opening. He replaced the screens and orings and said they are good to go, and they flow identical and the spray patterns are good. I will install them tonight and see if I can get this thing running. There is still a lot of other assembly to do before a water test can be done, but at least I will know it runs.

+1
    YAHOO IT RUNS. I installed the injectors and spun it over for about 10-15 seconds and then it fired up. I shut it down in about 5 seconds. I restarted it later for about 15 seconds and it started right up this time, so I think I am go to start putting everything else together. Tonight I am going to drill the holes and mount the jet pump on it. I hope this mounting template I got for it helps out, because I don't want to drill any hole in the wrong place. I will try and get some pict's to show off the little project.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07350.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	269794

Thread Information