+1

R&D aquavein vs the aquavein II intake grate.........

i really hate to start a new thread on this debate, but it baffles me that after all the problems with the aquavein grate breaking at speed and the fact that R&D repalced the grate with the new & improved stronger aquavein II that the first production model is STILL available for purchace ???????? doesn't the fact that someone could be seriously be injured of killed make a great case to remove the product from stock and destroy the grate, whether it's remelted or just ground up for recycle, am i wrong here ?????? or are we just hoping this problem just fades away, one seemingly world famous PWC parts supplier (not pwcperformance) as stated they won't order the aquavein II cause they have there own grate now....... don't really have to say who now, do i ???? when the aquavein II was ordered from them, they shipped the first model even after being told " make sure you ship the aquavein II" end of rant.........

I think the original intake from R&D has been beefed up by a couple millimeters. I have no idea if that will help with the engineering of the fault, but I think I remember Jerry having a side by side image of both and it was a little bigger. You are dead on about it though John, they should have probably scrapped it or used the mold for billet or stainless, but I seriously probably know less about the engineering of these things than anyone on this board.

I will say this, I've had all three, the original, the 3 bar, and now the beefed up version of the original. Out of them all I was least happy with the 3 bar. I got all the bolt ons, plus a stage 3 ECU and was only hitting mid 65s with the 3 bar...I'd love some feedback on the Riva.

+1
    if there is a stainless grate for the vxr get it ....

+1
    that and if you are as big as u sound maybe you want to step up to a beefier full size craft..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr717 View Post
    that and if you are as big as u sound maybe you want to step up to a beefier full size craft..
    i'm on a VXS now, its not much smaller than a FZ, just a little shorter and lighter, same motor except NA and as for the SS grate, i ordered the R&D before the rive SS grate was out, and so far, no one has tested it or has said anything about it.......

+1
    just get it it wont flex , end of worries

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Hey John,
    The version 1(one) grate I broke at the same time as Julio. The V-2 grate (the thicker one), Ricky Bobby and I have both thrashed the hell out of it, and have had no problems,,,our grate of choice for speed and handling,,,the 3 bar grate un-modified is slow and restrictive producing cavitation on holeshot. Myself, I will be getting the Riva SS grate when the next shipment comes out at the end of April or first of May. IMO, the V-1 grate should be no longer available, and if it is, then somebody needs their A$$ kicked.
    chuck

Thread Information