Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Moving to 4 stroke...recommendations?

Hello everyone looks like I am going to move over to 4 stroke I have my xlt 1200 for sale with some good interest so now here is the question what 4 stroke do I buy? I have searched the forums but not a whole lot of info.

I want everything my XLT had so about 60 mph but reliability is key I use it for pulling kids around tube but still ride plenty on my own...The brand new ones are out of my budget but I have seen some reasonable 07, 08's maybe FX HO's?? Not sure if some are more expensive than others for regular maintenance or when they need repair...

Any help would be appreciated from the 4 stroke experts...

Thanks in advance...

+1
    If you want a 60 mph ski and reliable and great on gas, go for the FX HO (pre 2009). If you want to move up a bit in life, get the 2009 + FX HO. If you want to have fun (at the expense of gas mileage and possibly a bit more maintenance), get the SHO or FXR. All 3 should be plenty reliable.

Another option is to get the Kawi Stx-15f. Very reliable and fun ski. It's also pretty good on fuel. If you're going to be in a lot of chop though, it's not the best. It's a bit more bouncy then the FX.

+1
    the VXR or VXS is right up your alley !!!!!!!!! the VX110 will do mid 50s all do as well

+1
    Just fwiw..., more $$ than used, but they're new w/warranty, 'torquey' for your towing, and exceptionally reliable and economical to operate. Plus it'll do ~68 'out of the box' when you're by yourself. Good luck!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173064

+1
    I was in a similar situation recently. Started looking at VX and VX Cruisers, got turned off to them, came across a sweet 2007 FX Cruiser HO and couldn't be happier. Comfortable enough to ride all day, very stable, carves the turns exceptionally well for being a rather large, heavy ski, plenty of power, awesome on gas (My wife's Raider and sister's XL760 were both flashing low-fuel warnings at the end of our recent ride, my FX was still sitting at 3/4 tank.)

The SHO will require more maintenance and cost more to maintain, IMO, so the best compromise between ride, power, etc would be an FX HO. I picked mine up with 34 hours and half the cost of new MSRP.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahooligan View Post
    I was in a similar situation recently. Started looking at VX and VX Cruisers, got turned off to them, came across a sweet 2007 FX Cruiser HO and couldn't be happier. Comfortable enough to ride all day, very stable, carves the turns exceptionally well for being a rather large, heavy ski, plenty of power, awesome on gas (My wife's Raider and sister's XL760 were both flashing low-fuel warnings at the end of our recent ride, my FX was still sitting at 3/4 tank.)

The SHO will require more maintenance and cost more to maintain, IMO, so the best compromise between ride, power, etc would be an FX HO. I picked mine up with 34 hours and half the cost of new MSRP.
    The VXs/r's are different skis then a VX or VX cruiser.........VXs/r's have the 1812 cc motor and the VX and VX Cruisers have the 1052 cc motors

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    The VXs/r's are different skis then a VX or VX cruiser.........VXs/r's have the 1812 cc motor and the VX and VX Cruisers have the 1052 cc motors
    i should have been a bit clearer, made that post when i was in a hurry...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    i should have been a bit clearer, made that post when i was in a hurry...
    I gotcha back....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    Sorry, wasn't meaning the OP should look at the VX, I was simply relaying what my process was before I went with the FX and I couldn't be happier with the result. I wasn't implying the VX was anything like a VXR or VXS.

+1
    VXR is a great ski....I have both an FZR and VXR and both are great ski's......VXR is a playfull ,light, quick ski that turns like crazy but isnt the greatest in the rough...the FZR is a faster ski 0 to 60 turns pretty good, more storage and handles rough water much better...I like both...the VXR has great gas millage..the FZR has more potential for speed..my only dilemma is which one to swing a leg over on riding day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information