+1

785 tripple pipe pressure test in hull?

Has anyone ever pressure tested the pipes inside the hull?
    or do they have to come out?
    thanks,

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Don't see why it would be an issue? Just take the pipe cooling water line from the red water manifold and pressurize that and put a plug on the pisser outlet hose? Now trying to pressure test the manifold would be an issue!

+1
    I was wondering how the flow went thru the pipes?
    I will try that and if it holds pressure, if it holds there should not be a crack on the inside,
    thanks,

+1
    Personally, if you suspect an issue, I would pull the pipes and test them individally. I had one pipe on mine what was ruptured on the inside on my build. Once I replaced that pipe, it came alive. If you pressureize all of them, you will not know which one is giving you trouble and will have to pull them to which one is leaking anyway. Me, just test them individually to be sure to isolate the pipe for problems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    Personally, if you suspect an issue, I would pull the pipes and test them individally. I had one pipe on mine what was ruptured on the inside on my build. Once I replaced that pipe, it came alive. If you pressureize all of them, you will not know which one is giving you trouble and will have to pull them to which one is leaking anyway. Me, just test them individually to be sure to isolate the pipe for problems.
    agreed

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Derwood98 View Post
    What do you mean pressurize all of them? I was saying take off each pipe's individual jacket water line...not pressurize the whole water manifold. It wouldn't work pressurizing the manifold anyways since that also feeds the cylinder water too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    What do you mean pressurize all of them? I was saying take off each pipe's individual jacket water line...not pressurize the whole water manifold. It wouldn't work pressurizing the manifold anyways since that also feeds the cylinder water too.
    I thought you were going to somehow try to pressurize all of them together in the boat. I have read where some stick them in their bath tub. Me I just pressurized the water jacket on each pipe and mine was such a big leak that it was not hard to determine which one was the problem. You could easilly pressurize them in the boat. Just take the feed lines off the water distribution and plug the stinger end. Just make sure your hose clamps are tight...

+1
    if you read another post I did it with a compression tester hose out of the spark plug holes, and did each pipe in the ski still hooked up,
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174250

Thread Information