Lightbulb New and home brewed

Hey everyone im a new guy to this site and im not really new to jet ski's but here's whats up. I am a disabled firefighter due to four bulged discs in my lower back and arthritis from the bulging discs and here is my euphoric idea and the light at the end of my tunnel to a bad riding session.

I had three 1994 Kawasaki 750's two sit down's and one standup. Riding the standup was AWESOME but because of my lower back I couldn't ride it anymore so I stuck to the sit downs and ended up selling one to a buddy. Oddly just a few weeks later I blew up the 750 in my sit down so i started project SS XI swapping the motor out of a standup into the sit down surprisingly only took me two days. Sold the old stand up hull and now here is my predicament....

I was riding last weekend and it was pretty choppy on the lake and I ended up falling off for the first time since I have been hurt. Understand 94 Kawasaki 750 SS XI's are short and narrow and I am only about 70% on my right leg because of the crushing on the nerves so I really lean to the left... as im getting on normally the ski tilts up but when I go to plant my feet it starts to tilt to the left and it ended belly up and after countless tries I rolled her over and ended up using my water training to save a Kawasaki 750 from being stranded... Yeah I was the only one on the lake and it was a 300 yard swim back to the shore... So after a 30-45 minuite struggle against all odds I made it... Exhausted, Thirsty as hell, and 20 miles away from home I had some time to think about what happened.

And now I am starting project "Kawasaki 750 SS DSXI" utilizing my already tapped brain from going back to college because firefighters never give up. I have found a way not to get on the ski when you fall off but to control it so you can get to shore specifically for handicapped or injured riders that are too stubborn to not want help like me and want to ride alone sometimes.
    Basically it is going to consist of three stages.

1. Steering

• Using a pull pin to unhook the handlebars from the steering cable i am going to custom design my own Joy stick style pop up steering from the front of the ski for full control.

1. Stabilization

• Stainless steel adjustable footholds on each side of the ski similar look to sponson's when clipped down.
    • *Also if towing a rider I am designing them to have adjustable tilt and provide more wake similar to wake plates for skiing*

1. Throttle

• When Steering joystick is lifted there will be a cable pull similar to a choke that allows the rider to control their speed and when returned to shore it will be hidden under the joystick when it is stowed away so that everything stays flat.
    • That way if you are a long distance from stable ground you can pull a nice 5-10mph cruise. I wouldn't recommend this for getting the ski to plane out but just a nice puddle back to safety.

Comment and tell me what you guys think
    Thanks,
    Buddychrist

Considering I graduate college for the second time at the end of this semester im going to get a Sea Doo LRV this summer thanks to a loving wife that remembers my birthday.

Anyone done a high quality swap on the LRV to a V6 or bigger?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

Thanks man its good to be here

+1
    Buddy, +1 on the welcome mat. You might want to see if this thread goes anywhere: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1918994 (See Post #9) There may be a LRV conversion in the works...

Ive got a few guys in on it so when i get the LRV they are gonna help me put a nice 4 stroke in it. I am gonna hunt and find the most power to fuel ratio engine possible that will still let me go 65-70.

Also my buddy John is working on designing a dual impeller system for me so when i get the LRV i can get impressive takeoff but that's top secret information on that build and i wont post it until it is complete and tested... lol i don't want people out there trying to make a dual impeller and killing themselves because it turns too fast

+1
    That's going to be a beast of a barge. Good luck and keep us posted.

As soon at i get my desk job im gonna have to find some guys to let me test ride the LRV the SUV and a 2010+ GTX iS, im gonna keep my options open but its gonna have to be worth it for the GTX because that's an easy $10,000

Hi. I've stumbled across your thread here albeit nearly a year old, I have performed an LRV conversion to a 4-tec. It's awesome. I love the fact that when I go to the ski after sitting for a while, I insert my dess, it chirps and when I push the button that engine fires up immediately! It's a beautiful sweet sound and has been well worth it. I'm still working out the bugs and the driveline is my last stop. I wish there were more options for a prop out there but I know it surpasses the 60mph mark before it starts to make me nervous being that fast on a pwc. If you do the conversion and need some pointers, hit me up.

Thread Information