Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2012 RXP-X Air Intake

Just picked up the 2012 RXP-X. Along with the vtech flash one of the first things I would like to do is air intake. I'm thinking the R&D 4 inch adaptor and some Kanaflex. What is everyone doing for air intake on these? Pictures are awesome if you have some.

+1

+1
    mine is out of the crate as of yesterday...Got to put 10 hours on it then the mods begin!!!!! want to make sure I have a good baseline run before I mod!!!!

Got the kanaflex and SC adapter, got some Macc Racing Sponsons(AWESOME) and an 08 I/C to start with....Trying to figure out if I should go with Vtec or R&D for the reflash....

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? RXPX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    mine is out of the crate as of yesterday...Got to put 10 hours on it then the mods begin!!!!! want to make sure I have a good baseline run before I mod!!!!

Got the kanaflex and SC adapter, got some Macc Racing Sponsons(AWESOME) and an 08 I/C to start with....Trying to figure out if I should go with Vtec or R&D for the reflash....
    Haha tiny i knew you'd end up getting the PX . Congrats

+1

Alright

+1

Didn't know R&D did a reflash. Do you have any info on this?

+1

I went with the V-tech handheld because it allows the versatility to change tunes as desired, and return to a stock tune if needed. At this point I have loaded the stage I tune that was provided by V-tech into the handheld and the process has been quite easy and convenient.

+1
    Yes, R&D does a reflash but they wont set the rev limiter above 8600...The V-tech is probably better if your going to do a bunch of tunes but if your doing one and thats it, then save some $$$$and go with R&D...I am going to try and see if I can get a top secret tune and get R&D to upload it for me.....

Headed to the water tomorrow afternoon!!!!

+1
    Yes, R&D does a reflash but they wont set the rev limiter above 8600...The V-tech is probably better if your going to do a bunch of tunes but if your doing one and thats it, then save some $$$$and go with R&D...I am going to try and see if I can get a top secret tune and get R&D to upload it for me.....

"Headed to the water.." Sweet! I just put my first hour on it today.

My air intake parts and other goodies are ordered and on the way. I would be interested in that R&D reflash if they have good maps and service. I plan on putting the next four hours on it Saturday and would like to test some maps after that.

+1
    Enjoy! Let us know how it goes and what you think!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information