Thread: 2006 RXP

2006 RXP

Ok guys, I need some guidance from the experienced minds on here. I bought a '06 RXP last winter from a guy that was needing money pretty bad. Rode it on the day I bought I and haven't touched it until yesterday afternoon.......the ski runs strong, fast on the top end and handles pretty good. The problem is when you punch it out of the hole, it doesn't hook up for a few seconds....very sluggish, almost like it is 'slipping'. Any ideas?

Thanks!

BTW......I have found more info on this site than my little brain can possibly retain, I have a feeling I will be spending a LOT of my time on here in the very near future.

+1
    you will need to look at the impeller and wear ring they both could be worn. next is the carbon seal and boot on the drive shaft, IMO change all above for like new performance
    how many hours on your ski?

+1
    +1, new wear ring and carbon seal... Easily changed out in very little time... Look on a how to thread to see how to change both out... About a 100 dOllar fix if you do it yourself...

All those parts can be found in the Jerry's store on this site.

Ok, thanks guys! This will give me a good place to start working on it. I have a feeling this is going to become my new obsession..............

I was told the ski has around 100 hours, but the gauge cluster is broke (new one will be here tomorrow).

+1
    BRP recomends supercharger rebuild at 100 hours .... if it fails you can loose your motor...$$$$$$

Thanks! I was just reading about replacing the ceramic washers...........i will add that to my list up things to do in the very near future.

i would do the supercharger first, especially since you have cavitation, those extra rpm's at take off are very dangerous for the ceramic washers

Good point! I am contacting a local mechanic to see when he can work on it and i will start ordering parts.........

Thanks again for the quick replies and info, i really appreciate it! I am sure this is just the beginning of my questions and learning experience.

+1
    Definitely take care of the supercharger ASAP, especially if it still has the ceramic washers. The last thing you want to do is go from sluggish acceleration issues to destroyed motor issues. The parts to rebuild the supercharger will cost you anywhere from $290-$330.

Thread Information