Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CP pistons

CP pistons

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 420.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	269197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 421.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	269198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 422.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	269199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 425.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	269200[COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]The box contains three piston, three fingers, a package with brakes, three white boxes in each set of rings for one piston
    as well as the addition is transparent bag in which the six rings and three springs - oil ring? If so, then why in the white boxes have a ring with springs in the photo, I show them with your fingers.

+1
    In your last picture, the two rings on the right are your top two compression rings. You can tell by the bottom compression ring has tapered underhook on one of the outer edges which acts as a wiper. The top ring goes in the top ringland of the piston, and second ring goes in the second ringland.

Than the oil ring is actually 3 diff rings; an expander (spring looking ring, bottom left of last picture) which goes in the middle of the top and bottom rails(top left of last picture), and all three of these rings when sandwiched together go in the bottom ringland of the piston.
    Lemme know if you need any other help, I'm currently in the process of building a motor for my Subaru with CP pistons

Are you saying that all the rings are on the last picture, they are placed in the bottom groove of the piston and are Oil?

Those to which I point fingers, I tried to put them on the piston to the bottom of the groove, they do not sit tight! Then why the ring in a clear bag in the picture number three I keep the left hand? what are they?

Sorry, I use a translator and not very well understand)))))))))))

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 445.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	269217Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 446.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	269218Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 447.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	269219Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Изображение 448.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	269220

The fact is that the oil rings are in boxes, they hang out in the bottom groove of the piston! and those that are in the package separately, they fit the bed into the lower groove. What's the point?

look
    I laid on the table three boxes with sets of rings! and a bag with the rings.
    The package six rings, and three springs are longer and wider than those in the boxes!
    Where to put any rings??

Your fingers are much shorter than your avatar. Thumb looks the same though. Just kidding. Good luck with your build. I know you have been collecting parts for awhile.

Egor, this is very difficult to explain, as the Google translate does not work good from English to Russian...

The oil ring, is not one ring, it uses three pieces, in a sandwich (does this translate to Russian?):

1. very thin ring on top
    2. wavy/corrugated ring in the middle
    3. very thin ring on bottom

This "3-piece" oil ring can be very difficult to install, especially when you put it into the cylinder. You need a very good piston ring compressor for installing this type of ring. Once you tighten the compressor, and install the assembly onto the cylinder, you need to use a very quick motion to slide it into the cylinder or the thin rings will pop outside and you have to start over.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    Are you saying that all the rings are on the last picture, they are placed in the bottom groove of the piston and are Oil?

The 3 rings on the left in the last picture go in the bottom grove of the piston. It goes skinny on top, spring-expander in the middle, skinny on bottom.

Those to which I point fingers, I tried to put them on the piston to the bottom of the groove, they do not sit tight!
    First you put the rings in the grooves on the pistons, than you use a piston ring compressor to compress all the rings so you can slide the piston into the cylinder from the top.

Reach out to the owners of the company Carrillo, told me that the oil rings are in a box to put them is not necessary! and those of the ring of oil. which package they should be set!
    One in the head does not fit, why put the oil ring in a box if they do not need them!?

+1
    Reach out to the owners of the company Carrillo, told me that the oil rings are in a box to put them is not necessary! and those of the ring of oil. which package they should be set!
    One in the head does not fit, why put the oil ring in a box if they do not need them!?
    OH you need them!!!!! You will need to install all of the rings that came with your piston kit. The top 2 compression rings and all the parts that make up the oil rings!!!

Does this help?

Make sure you end gap the rings

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=End+gap+rings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information