Thread: Holeshot...

+1

Holeshot...

I have the Jetworks kit installed along with a D plate and free flow exhaust. When I mash the throttle from a stop the nose jumps up but it sits there for a second or two, then accelerates like a rocket. My next upgrades (paycheck) are a ppk, grate, and 13/19 Solas. Will that take care of the hesitation off the line?

Sponsons are stepped, trim tabs are shimmed.

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
    I have the Jetworks kit installed along with a D plate and free flow exhaust. When I mash the throttle from a stop the nose jumps up but it sits there for a second or two, then accelerates like a rocket. My next upgrades (paycheck) are a ppk, grate, and 13/19 Solas. Will that take care of the hesitation off the line?

Sponsons are stepped, trim tabs are shimmed.

Thanks!
    definitly.... sounds like cavitation...ppk,grate (1200) and that not too steep 13/19 solas prop should all work well together for holeshot on a stock ski....did you test the JW with the seat off and 12" hose off the JW valve?....no water should come out while you idle, then when you bleep the throttle (2500-3000 rpms) it should start pissing out..then you know you have relatively dry waterbox...

+1
    Trim down, stand up, and lean over the handle bars

+1
    Yeah, mechanic came with us to the ramp and it opened with a blip of the throttle without adjustment of the valve. Factory tach, but I'm guessing 32-3400 rpm. I wish I had asked for the pro valve now though. It would sure make adjustments easier.

I can't really judge the effectiveness of the Jetworks valve yet until I get this work done.

I sure wish cajundude's website was back up with the project coming up.

Need a tach too, rpms seemed on the high side at WOT. Speaking of that, what should idle be set at? Should it be set in or out of the water? The mechanic said it seemed low so he adjusted it up a bit by ear.

+1
    I will say that adding Leo's holeshot kit, the filler piece for under the back deck did wonders for my holeshots on my 1390. Greatly reduces drag when starting. Awesome addition in my opinion, with no drawbacks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    I will say that adding Leo's holeshot kit, the filler piece for under the back deck did wonders for my holeshots on my 1390. Greatly reduces drag when starting. Awesome addition in my opinion, with no drawbacks.
    Does he still make those? I thought I read that he made a batch then it became a hard to find item.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post

yeah.. good old Leo....first mod I did on my GPR...compare to other skis you could see how the GPR/XLT rear bumper trim sits lower in the water creating drag.....takes alot of work to get the GPR fast off the line compared to todays SC skis...

+1
    I guess that would be a drawback, if he doesn't make them anymore. Search around on here for them or for Leo.

+1
    Here is his signature on the Hulk. Give him a call and find out. Hopefully he still makes them, Let us know if he does I would like to snag one.

LEO'S HOLESHOT KIT & WEDGE CALL 813-407-9348.

Thread Information