Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Finally SC out, but all the washers, the gear and the bolt gone?! Help!

Its me again on my SC. Now that i finally got it out with A LOT of persuasion, sweat and frustration, I noticed something funny. I got a used supercharger just rebuilt so the condition of the old one didn't matter but it looked funny, ill show you what i mean, it was missing everything like the bolt backed off!

And the good one..

And maybe this can give some insight, i plan on taking off PTO cover at the least

How could this happen. Last person to touch the ski was a dealer, Daytona Fun Machines. I just don't know if i can handle this and assume the engine is going to have to be pulled. What would be the expense (not labor)? PTO gasket and lots of time and some cleaning? I don't know guys i really need some help on this one.

+1
    that motor is going to have to be pulled apart

+1
    If all that is lost in the motor, you will need to replace the oil pumps too....And lots of time cleaning...SD says the PTO housing can be removed in the ski, but I would pull the motor and make it easier!!!

+1
    Wow, you are definitely going to have to pull your motor. Do yourself a favor and don't ever take it to that dealer again and get a manual and start doing your own wrenching because that's the only way you know it's done right. If you do decide to do the work yourself you will learn this motor really well.

Nooo! I was afraid people would start saying that. I mean I don't know if its worth it, i bought a used head with aftermarket valves since it is an 04 and freshly rebuilt supercharger, for $700 and need about $230 in bolts and gaskets as it is without messing with it more. But seriously was it my fault or the last person to install it? Or common occurrence?

+1
    That thing looks like it was never off.

+1
    pto housing looks like its corroded pretty bad too.

Warner, our "friends" have it a little bath on the inside and we took it in because it was broke and they put a new or rebuilt (they didn't say) supercharger in it late 04 early 05 so it was a long one ago.
    P.S. I think the PTO housing is ok to keep using, a lot of that is from all the paint and corrosion from the SC and the wood wedge i was using. You don't even know how stuck it was

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon4879 View Post
    Warner, our "friends" have it a little bath on the inside and we took it in because it was broke and they put a new or rebuilt (they didn't say) supercharger in it late 04 early 05 so it was a long one ago.
    P.S. I think the PTO housing is ok to keep using, a lot of that is from all the paint and corrosion from the SC and the wood wedge i was using. You don't even know how stuck it was
    I've read your posts..

Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    I've read your posts..
    I hope i didnt offend you im just a little frustrated, everyday for about 30 minutes since i started that last post i went out there and lubed and worked on removing the SC lol About an hour today because it started to move and i was excited. Do you think i pulled the gear and all off? And what is the cost of rebuilding oil pumps? Thanks guys couldnt do this without you all

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information