2007 gp1300r advice needed

alright ive searched and searched and im ready to make this ski stock agian.... i purchased this 07 gp1300r 2 months ago all stock and got the ff exhaust, filter, d plate, 2.2k ristor, r&d plate, 1200 grate, tabs, steped sponsons, 14/20dynafly, and riva ejk programer. so my problem is i read to much and seams like im going to the lake this weekend to ride for the first time and its going to be a pile of crap due to the 14/20 dynafly? also i think im going to remove the efi programer because it seams i do not need it with these upgrades? i just want to be able to ride consitant. it has 45hrs i ride in 6"-8" chop lakes. i have an 05 thats all stock im just trying to get a little more of handling and power over the stock ski any advise would be great u guys no alot more than me. what should i do to make consitant rideability like a stock 1300r but better? im at 1,300ft elvation in califorina foothills. thanks

+1
    Talk to Water Woody. Kevin @ WWW.WcPorting.com He lives in Minden Nv. Where are you in CA? You should bring your ski up to him and have him dial it in for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr2500 View Post
    alright ive searched and searched and im ready to make this ski stock agian.... i purchased this 07 gp1300r 2 months ago all stock and got the ff exhaust, filter, d plate, 2.2k ristor, r&d plate, 1200 grate, tabs, steped sponsons, 14/20dynafly, and riva ejk programer. so my problem is i read to much and seams like im going to the lake this weekend to ride for the first time and its going to be a pile of crap due to the 14/20 dynafly? also i think im going to remove the efi programer because it seams i do not need it with these upgrades? i just want to be able to ride consitant. it has 45hrs i ride in 6"-8" chop lakes. i have an 05 thats all stock im just trying to get a little more of handling and power over the stock ski any advise would be great u guys no alot more than me. what should i do to make consitant rideability like a stock 1300r but better? im at 1,300ft elvation in califorina foothills. thanks

how much aftermarket do you want to remove?....you don't need FF for your set up and Riva controller...that 14/20 works fine for your stock engine...all the other upgrades will give you better hook up and a little more speed...did you do the pump shoe seal to prevent cavitation ?..inexpensive upgrade and better off the line (holeshot) acceleration...yeah give WW a call...he's dialing my ski in now too..

I would like to keep as much aftermarket as possable due to i spent the cash on it. the ff wont hurt right, not like i need to remove it? i will be doing the pump seal next week due to hitting the lake in 23 hrs and 12 min but who's counting...... do you agree i should remove the riva efi controler?

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    .that 14/20 works fine for your stock engine....

a true 14/20 is too steep for a stock motor.

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr2500 View Post
    I would like to keep as much aftermarket as possable due to i spent the cash on it. the ff wont hurt right, not like i need to remove it? i will be doing the pump seal next week due to hitting the lake in 23 hrs and 12 min but who's counting...... do you agree i should remove the riva efi controler?
    my advice is to add vf3 reeds, get the head cut for 155psi compression and get a keyway installed, then the rest of your existing mods will go to good use.

+1
    If it were me I would call Kevin and see how much $ he wants to do the pump seal the correct way and make sure it is set up right. If you do in wrong you can take away speed. Trust me he will find you speed.

Thread Information