Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Cylinders Flooded with Fuel

    Hey everyone. I am having a problem with my 2004 Seadoo RXP. I recently de-winterized it to find that the engine would not turn over. Thinking it was a problem with the battery and knowing I needed to replace it anyways, I put a new fully charged battery in. Still no dice on turning over (one weak attempt to turn and then lots of clicking every time). After troubleshooting the starter relay and fuses to no avail I decided to pull the spark plugs. The engine turned over without them and the cylinders squirted out a lot of fuel. Let the cylinders air out, put my spare set of plug in and tried to start it again. It turned over a couple times then returned to its weak turn and clicking. Pulled the plugs again, squirted out gas(1st cylinder had the most, 3rd the least) and turned over just fine without them in. Tried another time, same deal.

    No mods, 90% of the gas is a week old 91 octane with the other 10% from before winter but had stabilizer in it, good battery, good starter relay. Questionable starter but seems to work conditionally. It was winterized in a below freezing area but had antifreeze ran through it and storage oil. Second identical ski with same treatment runs fine.

    Is there a simple solution that I overlooked here? Thanks in advance for any help.


  2. #2
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    Your injectors are bad,had the same problem.
    Take the fuelrail out,put the lanyard on and watch your injectors,the bad ones will spray fuel.
    Replace the bad injectors and your fine.

  3. #3
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    change your oil!

  4. #4
    rxpdoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trinity, Florida, United States
    Posts
    2,998
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    change your oil!
    in the wrong hands a fire waiting to happen!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. XL1200 cylinder floods with fuel
    By bran1har in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 09:20 PM
  2. 93 SL750 rear cylinder crank case filling with fuel
    By jayturner in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 11:44 PM
  3. 99 XP Cylinders flooded with fuel
    By jayball in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:50 PM
  4. Help with Fuel problem I think
    By germie in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 02:50 AM
  5. Flooded with fuel?
    By John in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 06:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •