Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Peformance help please guys?

Just purchased 2 new 2011 RXPXs and would like to do a few mods. I really prefer to not lose any acceleration (if possible?) So where should I start guys and please be specific on the parts. I am guessing some sort of intake grate, cool air kit, maybe a pump wedge, how about some sort of ECU flash? I mostly ride in mild chop water (maybe 6-8" of chop) but we do have day where it is completely smooth Any ideas from you guys would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

PS... Some of you may ask my budget? Well... Under $2500.

+1
    with out a ecu reflash your stuck at 8050 rpms and to go faster you need more HP or more rpms
    the stock grate has a huge wing

+1
    Put on R&D grates, 2-3MPH on top and the ski will feel much better in the rough. Most of the other mods are minor gains until you reflash for higher RPM.
    I had an 09 RXP-X doing 73 with just a grate and 78 with about $2800 in mods. If I were to do it again I would just stick with the grate.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan FZR View Post
    Put on R&D grates, 2-3MPH on top and the ski will feel much better in the rough. Most of the other mods are minor gains until you reflash for higher RPM.
    I had an 09 RXP-X doing 73 with just a grate and 78 with about $2800 in mods. If I were to do it again I would just stick with the grate.
    And do nothing with a cool air kit?

Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    with out a ecu reflash your stuck at 8050 rpms and to go faster you need more HP or more rpms
    the stock grate has a huge wing
    Who would you recommend for a re-flash?

+1
    This is how it all starts (the addiction), a few parts just to barely edge out the other stockers. Then its soon to those nights where your getting out of bed at 2:00 AM surfing the forum looking for deals in the classifieds and online store. Next is the second job to pay for your addiction, pretty soon your wife will start to get suspicious thinking your cheating due to your long hours spent on the forum (dont be surprised to see someone following you in the mirrors one day). You'll get to know the UPS guys on a first name basis (my wife now calls them the Riva guys). Your neighbors will think you have lost your mind when your outside at 10:30 at night fitting new parts and reving the engine. At one time I was able to track (kept good records) how much I had spent on the two machines but at some point you'll loose track of all that along with reality as the addiction grows! With all the tools needed and the ever changing list of new available upgrades you'll soon loose track, I lost track somewhere around $40,000. At some point she'll try to do an intervention by seizing your checking and credit cards but dont be afraid to open a second account (one that she doesn't have access to), choose the paperless option so the bank wont send paper banking statements to your house). Use this account for all transactions including the deposits from your second job (remember we took a second job). Most importantly don't bragg to your freinds how much money you have tied up in the machine, this info ALWAYS gets back to her! Oh, and at some point she may try to leave you by staying with freinds or family for a few days but dont dispair as they always come back home in a few days. You can ease tensions by buying her her own machine if anyway possible, this also is a plus when out cruising so you dont have to haul her ass on the back while ripping up the water! Put a stage-1 kit on hers so she can beat most of the stockers (trust me, she'll love it!). If ever in her presence and someone ask you "WOW that thing is fast, what did you do to it?" just tell em you put an exaust pipe and a couple other things on it, dont go in to details! Make sure you get rid of all those shipping boxes as quickly as possible and hopefully before she see them (even if you have to find a dumpster somewhere away from the house). It also helps if you occasionally in her presense tell freinds how well of a rider she has become (this will boost her ego on the water). I'm not gonna offer any advice for your upgrades as I don't want to be blamed later on for aiding in your newly found addiction, good luck with the machine........

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    This is how it all starts (the addiction), a few parts just to barely edge out the other stockers. Then its soon to those nights where your getting out of bed at 2:00 AM surfing the forum looking for deals in the classifieds and online store. Next is the second job to pay for your addiction, pretty soon your wife will start to get suspicious thinking your cheating due to your long hours spent on the forum (dont be surprised to see someone following you in the mirrors one day). You'll get to know the UPS guys on a first name basis (my wife now calls them the Riva guys). Your neighbors will think you have lost your mind when your outside at 10:30 at night fitting new parts and reving the engine. At one time I was able to track (kept good records) how much I had spent on the two machines but at some point you'll loose track of all that along with reality as the addiction grows! With all the tools needed and the ever changing list of new available upgrades you'll soon loose track, I lost track somewhere around $40,000. At some point she'll try to do an intervention by seizing your checking and credit cards but dont be afraid to open a second account (one that she doesn't have access to), choose the paperless option so the bank wont send paper banking statements to your house). Use this account for all transactions including the deposits from your second job (remember we took a second job). Most importantly don't bragg to your freinds how much money you have tied up in the machine, this info ALWAYS gets back to her! Oh, and at some point she may try to leave you by staying with freinds or family for a few days but dont dispair as they always come back home in a few days. You can ease tensions by buying her her own machine if anyway possible, this also is a plus when out cruising so you dont have to haul her ass on the back while ripping up the water! Put a stage-1 kit on hers so she can beat most of the stockers (trust me, she'll love it!). If ever in her presence and someone ask you "WOW that thing is fast, what did you do to it?" just tell em you put an exaust pipe and a couple other things on it, dont go in to details! Make sure you get rid of all those shipping boxes as quickly as possible and hopefully before she see them (even if you have to find a dumpster somewhere away from the house). It also helps if you occasionally in her presense tell freinds how well of a rider she has become (this will boost her ego on the water). I'm not gonna offer any advice for your upgrades as I don't want to be blamed later on for aiding in your newly found addiction, good luck with the machine........
    This is VERY funny! I already have "The addiction" this is my latest toy that the guys from Underground Racing just finished up http://undergroundracing.com/car-gal...erleggera.html this little thing make around 1500 whp, here is a little video from Texas when I was there playing http://www.undergroundracing.com/videos/UR-Vids.php
    I have this along with a 1100 whp GT2 Porsche and and Stock GT2 for the wife (or so she thinks) which is soon to be massaged to 700 whp.. I also love snowmobiles and have a couple of 325 hp sleds that I drag race. So I am attempting to do very minor mods to the his and hers jet skis so they can remain fun! I do NEED to do a little though. LOL

+1
    ok so you know you have the addiction .... IMO this is your best option
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=169336
    I thought about using it and it was not the best for my app because I plan on using e-85
    and the motec will have a differant winter home

+1
    Wait, wait, wait a second. Did you say get the second bank account b4 its seized by your loved one......

Sorry guys I messed up!

+1
    My name is JT, and it has been over one week since I was over 80+mph.................I am an addict

And I blame my brother in law, 1tommygunner1927 for my obsession!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information