+1

Dana Point to Avalon and back race is coming up...

West coast racing is about to start right here in Southern California...Get those Kawis ready to race. Im hoping to see some new 2013 Seadoos and Yamahas out there to guage their rough water, open ocean performance. Hope to see everyone out there that can make any if not all the TCO races.

Alright...I ve had the 300X for a little over a year now. Only modifications are; handle bars/steering, seat cover, 9.5 gallon auxillary fuel tank(thanks to Steve Friebe) and the speedo wheel pick up spaced. yes..still have it spaced..lol
    Ill be honest, its not the fastest 300 on the water but its consistent, doesnt miss a beat and I have had zero issues with it. (WOT racing, long range fishing, wave riding and tow in surfing.) Wait..sorry I cleaned out the intercooler once.

Tom C.
    PWC Offshore Gunz Racer

+1
    I hope to make it down sounds like a fun event. Any idea on the mileage for the entire race?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    I hope to make it down sounds like a fun event. Any idea on the mileage for the entire race?
    In a straight line its a 55 mile round trip. The turn boat will be off the island so you dont actually go all the way to Avalon. Im not sure of the exact location of the turn boat. All the information for this race is on Pwcoffshore.com, click on DP to Avalon at the top.
    Last year the channel was rough so WOT for the full race was almost impossible (with the exception of Craig Warner) resulting in less fuel burned. So if your worried about fuel its a hit or miss thing depending or open ocean conditions.

Hope to see you there.

Tom C.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Best of luck to you Mr. Cruz and thank you for posting up this event.
    I hope some of you folks can make it. I will be there in a support role. I roll on in and support in any way I can.

Can't wait to see you out there Tom. Really looking forward to this season as well. I'm interested to see if anyone is racing the new Yamaha this year in the triple crown.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OCEANSIDE View Post
    West coast racing is about to start right here in Southern California...Get those Kawis ready to race. Im hoping to see some new 2013 Seadoos and Yamahas out there to guage their rough water, open ocean performance. Hope to see everyone out there that can make any if not all the TCO races.

Alright...I ve had the 300X for a little over a year now. Only modifications are; handle bars/steering, seat cover, 9.5 gallon auxillary fuel tank(thanks to Steve Friebe) and the speedo wheel pick up spaced. yes..still have it spaced..lol
    Ill be honest, its not the fastest 300 on the water but its consistent, doesnt miss a beat and I have had zero issues with it. (WOT racing, long range fishing, wave riding and tow in surfing.) Wait..sorry I cleaned out the intercooler once.

Tom C.
    PWC Offshore Gunz Racer
    Those new seadoo's aint a threat! Saw an undurance on rough seas 2 weeks ago with one 300x and 5 new rxpx's. The 300x was a loan boat from a dealer in the region and was outfitted with fishing gear and pods for sponsons. Took them off and put on riva sponsons, slapped on a SCOM and spanked them good(real rough seas). Almost lapping them. CC is closer, with some sd riders going back to the older models. Oh and the yamaha's all did'nt make it to the undurance after a few cc's, something with their sc's and one began to sink nanohull and all! Good luck to all.

Should be a great race - live in Southern California? Dana Point is close, come on out and enjoy the race! Flat water - will Yamaha take it? And rough water...??? Will the 300X continue to dominate, we shall see which craft still owns offshore. Looking forward to seeing all of you!
    ==================================

The 1500.00 will be split evenly for each overall TCO class winner (minus Sportsman)

Don't forget in addition to the prize money the shwag for racers from Bomber Eyewear, IMPROS, Optima Racing & Hydro-Turf!

Let's go racing!
    =====================
    From Ross Wallach of RPM Racing Enterprises:

Good Afternoon Racer:

We are 30 days away from Round # 1 of the 2012 Triple Crown of Offshore Racing Championship ~ Dana Point to Avalon & Back presented by Sea-Doo, Sea-Tow, Jettribe, Hot Products, Dana Point Jet Ski, Optima Racing, Bomber Eyewear, Impros & www.PWCOffshore.com is scheduled for Sunday, May 20th at 11:00 a.m.

Attached please find the entry form. Please completely fill it out and email or mail it back to RPM Racing Ent. before the discounted pre-registration deadline Thursday, May 10th, 2012
    (Note: If you have already pre-registered, please disregard this notice.)

Please note that I have attached the Inspection check list of items required for the race. Please do not show up to tech/registration without these items as you will NOT be allowed to participate in the race. Also, please note for 2012, VHF Radio's are now mandatory, not highly recommended.

This race is sanctioned by the IJSBA and as such all racers must show proof of health insurance coverage when they check-in at registration on Sunday morning.

Lat and Long:
    Start/Finish Boat Turn Boat
    N 33 27.291 N 33 22.247
    W 117 43.282 W 118 10.814

Note: This race is 25.5 miles offshore over to the turn boat outside of Avalon and back.

Schedule of Events:
    Sunday, May 20th, 2012
    6:30 a.m.- 9:30 a.m.- Registration/tech inspection Dana Point Embarcadero (launch ramp parking lot)
    Note: All Racers must check in and "clear registration" and be inspected prior to rider's meeting.
    9:30 a.m.- 10:00 a.m.- Mandatory Rider's Meeting (all racers) - Dana Point Embarcadero
    10:15 a.m.- 10:50 a.m.- Racer's launch and proceed to start/finish area
    11:00 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.- Dana Point to Avalon & Back Race
    2:30 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.- Awards ceremony ~ Gemmell's Banquet Room (located adjacent to Embarcardero)

Please visit www.rpmracingent.com for all updates and info. Please forward this email to anyone that is interested in racing!

I look forward to seeing everyone at this great event!!!

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, Race Director
    RPM RACING ENTERPRISES
    1803 Morgan Lane
    Redondo Beach, CA 90278
    Phone (310) 318-4012
    www.rpmracingent.com

Santiago Kuan in the house! (pic...)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZZRacing! (#30) - Copy.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	100.6 KB