Ocean Pro Mono Head 750 Set-up

Hey there,
    Just wondering if anyone has a picture or instructions for installing an OP head on a 750? I'm wondering how the plumbing is set up through the thermostat as it doesn't have provisions for the coolant rail. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tracy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqV,!pUE7BcvinrzBPhcoVytKw~~60_58.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	269425  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1

WOW! Excellent Xlint!! Thank you! Not sure about eliminating the thermostat as my piston clearance is minimal (.005) and I'm running the Wiseco prolite's which have a reputation to cold seize (at least with the Kawasaki crowd). Guess I'll just have to be careful with warm-ups and not loan it to anyone.

Tracy

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    They had that issue with Polaris too.

It appears to me that Wiseco has changed the design a bit from the old. So maybe they have fixed that issue, I don't know? No one is willing to try them any more because of it. (that and their prices)

I actually got the Wiseco's as a set with cylinders bored to match for cheap ($300). I replaced the seals, and flywheel key (it was sheared). To eliminate problems I updated the carbs with the black ones from a 780 that mix the injection oil in the carbs rather than injecting into the intake tract. I reversed them back to "750 style" and swapped the injection control rod to the other side. Obviously it has the triple outlet fuel pump as well. I left the timing alone as I planned on raising compression, but am thinking that the OP head might not be a great idea. I guess the only way to tell is to bolt it up and fiddle with gasket thicknesses to get a cylinder pressure of around 155lbs per. I might try to adapt the thermostat into this just for peace of mind, dunno, waiting on gaskets at this point. Here's a pic of the engine before I put it in. I haven't run it yet, but idling on the hose it sounded nice.

Tracy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0127 (2).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	269473  

Banned User
    +1
    Just be aware, the tygon lines are slightly smaller than the Polaris OEM lines. The clamps you are using may not hold the lines as snugly as necessary. Double check and see if the lines are nice and tight. You could use zip ties on the oil lines as well, just get them nice and snug.

Thread Information