Sell Load Rite Single w/ or w/out Title?

Looking for some feedback for the situation I am in.

I purchased a 2005 Yamaha FX Cruiser last year that came with a 2006 Load Rite trailer. Both included the title, however I knew I was getting a double trailer so I never titled or tagged the single trailer.

When I purchased the ski and trailer, my name was signed as the buyer on the trailer title.

Fast forward a year and I got a brand new double load rite trailer and am going to sell the load rite single. The issue I have now is that it costs $100 to title in MD, it seems like money down the drain potentially if I am just titling it and selling it.

My question is basically what is a 2006 Load Rite Single trailer worth without a title, and with a title. It's in great condition, like new with new tires put on last year (with receipts for it). If the difference is $100 or less between with or without the title, it doesn't make sense to even title it - I just don't want to waste the cash when I have other things to pay for.

Feedback much appreciated.

in il its worthless with out a title I believe....but with title its worth something.... if.your state does not require title then u are fine....
    unless u sell with bill of sale so new owner can apply for title. or if u find a buyer both you can.go to DMV and have them figure it out...

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmanestates View Post
    in il its worthless with out a title I believe....but with title its worth something.... if.your state does not require title then u are fine....
    unless u sell with bill of sale so new owner can apply for title. or if u find a buyer both you can.go to DMV and have them figure it out...
    That might be a good idea.. Both of us go, and title it just in their name - skipping the titling it in my name. I just don't see the need to title it, then turn around and sell it to just be re-titled.. I guess if it's not possible, or not worth my time I'll just scrap the metal.

Thread Information