Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Angry Issues after NEW ECU 2007 RXT

Well after driving 120 miles to the dealer and leaving the ski with them to be mistreated for 21 days I was called this morning with them saying the ski is ready to be picked up. I made the trip up there and payed just under $1000 for the replacement of stock ECU and to have the keys reprogrammed. I made my payment at the desk and then was told someone else is going to meet me outside and show me everything is fine, I meet up outside where the person is already hooking it up to my truck and getting ready to show me everything is fine and ready to go.... He plugs the key in and the first thing I notice is that they have a jump battery hooked up to my ski and the dash is flashing SENSOR, the battery now needs to be replaced and the freshly installed ECU is showing SENSOR, the dealer was unsure as to why it was flashing SENSOR, they stated that the B.U.D.S. wasnt showing any error codes. They acted as if it was normal and had no reasons as to why it was doing this. I called BRP while in the parking lot of dealership and they were unable to verify everything was ok but they too acted as though it was normal. Any ideas guys....?

+1
    does your vts work? i had that flash on mine before and buds cleared it.. i have a 05 rxp... thought it had navi and gps programed with a depth finder.... buds deleted these options and has been trouble free since..... you can enable and disable them using buds.... 9 out of 10 times this will happen when the battery was dead and reconnected in my experiece

+1
    sorry saw it was a rxt nevermind the vts lol

+1
    Your ski thinks it has VTS, which it does not.

It's a simple thing the dealer has to uncheck in BUDS.

Why was the ECU replaced?

+1
    the dealer will hook it up to buds and the ski will say vts is programmed when there isnt vts... thats why the sensor code is flashing...... on an rxp like mine i had the same issue my rxp thought it had a depth sounder and navi ... simple 5 minutes with buds and problem free.... they can disable that so it will never come back on

+1
    Why did they change the ECU? Can I have your old one?? Sounds like you need a new dealer.

+1
    Well I fried my dam ecu by hooking up the battery incorrectly. SO folks be careful.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0459.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	269671Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0460.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	269672Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	269673Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	269674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0463.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	269675

As you can see I just got done taking apart my ECU... I am hoping I can make some modifications to it soon.. = )

+1
    If you notice the three silver circular things, well they came off the board pretty easily when I took this mess apart, originally I was going to have the proper chemical sent to me to dissolve the potting material that is seen inside the bottom of the black box. I didn't really feel like waiting any longer so I just used cave-man techniques (vise and a shitty drill bit to press the thing apart). I need to get replacements for the three circular things that I damaged, and need to figure out what they are and then the hunting begins, I will find any other component that has failed and I am going to see If I can get this to work again, and then some hacks to it afterwards.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crisistc View Post
    If you notice the three silver circular things, well they came off the board pretty easily when I took this mess apart, originally I was going to have the proper chemical sent to me to dissolve the potting material that is seen inside the bottom of the black box. I didn't really feel like waiting any longer so I just used cave-man techniques (vise and a shitty drill bit to press the thing apart). I need to get replacements for the three circular things that I damaged, and need to figure out what they are and then the hunting begins, I will find any other component that has failed and I am going to see If I can get this to work again, and then some hacks to it afterwards.
    With the broken case I'm going to venture to say it's not worth fixing at this point.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information